Search the forum,

Discuss Milwaukee drill - any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good, only had it 4 months but impressed. Bought it with the impact driver and radio.

Two batterys inc for £200 - seems ok
theres a dewalt 18v 3Ah at sfix for £150 but only one battery. In the market for a new drill just not sure which. Always was a makita fan but this seems good.

I'm moving my Dewalt stuff to Milwaukee they are really good. The 12v drill driver I recently bought has lots of torque and is very small and lightweight. I've got a 18v and some other kit and it's far superior.

I'm moving my Dewalt stuff to Milwaukee they are really good. The 12v drill driver I recently bought has lots of torque and is very small and lightweight. I've got a 18v and some other kit and it's far superior.
Hmmm Milwaukee starting to show!!!!

Aye, Milwaukee is really good. About the only kit I hate is Bosch because I've had bad experiences with their stuff. Dewalt batteries are cack even though the kit is good.

Go for the Milwaukee, German engineering and worth the extra cost!

I've said it before - yes Milwaukee is excellent. Used drill, impacts and other kit of theirs for many years. Never let me down. Fast batt charge too. Worth the money. What origininally turned me on to them, was the feel/balance and - very important - metal gears, not nylon/plastic.

I don't own a single power tool that isn't milwaukee. They're excellent.

Tell a lie, I have a marcrist core drill.

I went down the road of one 18v drill for everything but found that it was too heavy to comfortably use for lots of screwing work yet wasn't enough for drilling masonry so I got a battery SDS drill and a 14.4v combi drill in the end.

Don't rate Dewalt. Always thought of them as being more for poseurs.

I bought mine from Toolstation, it's had a lot of hammer but it's just as simple with the junior hacksaw, handsaw, fein cutter or angle grinder.

I use a hacksaw but it leaves burrs on the end which have to be removed. Even though it takes seconds to remove them, it's a nuisance. Thought that cutter looked a good alternative, but if its pants I'll leave it.

Had a Rothy cutter, but found that the blades didn't stay sharp for long. I also had one of them plastic pipe slice lookalikes for waste pipe, and they only lasted about 20 cuts.

I'm getting older, so want an easier time out there and if the kit exists to help, that can only be a good thing. Probably stick to a hacksaw.

Good exercise for ya Colin using a hacksaw
Alex, I feel like using one on this damn plaster cast, it's driving me nuts. Keep getting an itch in my leg and the only thing that will reach it is the handle end of the fish slice out of the frying pan. No fried eggs, for you, and you and you!

Had a Rothy cutter, but found that the blades didn't stay sharp for long. I also had one of them plastic pipe slice lookalikes for waste pipe, and they only lasted about 20 cuts.

I'm getting older, so want an easier time out there and if the kit exists to help, that can only be a good thing. Probably stick to a hacksaw.

I run the edge up on a diamond sharpening stone. keeps it nice and sharp, took a nice lump out of my thumb the other week.

I got given the 12v milwaukee waste cutter from a customer who didn't need it. To be honest it does compress the pipe, leaving it slightly oval in shape. If you were installing pools then it would be great but if you're not doing anything large scale, stick with the rothy ratchet cutters.

So do I buy the 18v combi drill then - please say yes lol

My 18v milwaukee drill i hardly use now
for screws i use the impact
masonry i use my 18v milwaukee sds
Wood i use my milwaukee sds with the keyless chuck or my sideways drill

the only time i use the hammer drill is for tiles or if the sds doesnt fit.

My 18v milwaukee drill i hardly use now
for screws i use the impact
masonry i use my 18v milwaukee sds
Wood i use my milwaukee sds with the keyless chuck or my sideways drill

the only time i use the hammer drill is for tiles or if the sds doesnt fit.
B'stard you've now got me all confibulated!!! Lol

You'll always need a combi drill with a chuck. Drilling tiles at slow speeds etc, mixing adhesives and grout if you tile.

Hmmmmm impact driver, nearly as good as my fein cutter. How did I use to manage?

I fully agree its always needed!
if your going for a platform to use then milwaukee is the dogs !

all the tools are generally superior to similar brands.

i haven't really found anything that beat my Milwaukee kit, maybe match it up but not beat it.

personally i would go combi drill, impact, sds, circular saw

Ive used the 18v angle drill but i dont have one yet (i have a crappy corded one)

good piece of kit but id get it last if you have a corded one.

Can get a 18v combi with 2 batt and 12v angle with 2 AT&T for £300 inc VAT
im so excited

I havent used the 12v milwaukee side drill, only the 18v so i cant say how good that one is :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Milwaukee drill - any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock