Search the forum,

Discuss Microbore advice - please! - New run pipe size before reducing to microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I want to add a radiator to a microbore system; the supply and return pipes are all 22 mm feeding a mixture of 10 mm or 8 mm microbore which are taken directly from the ends of the 22 mm pipes. I plan to "T" into the 22 mm supply and return pipes with a run of "large bore" pipe before dropping down the wall in 10 mm microbore. The radiator will be a maximum of 10000 btu. Can my run of new "large bore" pipe be 15 mm (before the 10 mm microbore) or should it be 22 mm?
Many thanks for your thoughts!
Mike

I thought doing that may cause problems with balancing the system but I would be grateful for thoughts on this!

I thought doing that may cause problems with balancing the system but I would be grateful for thoughts on this!

That's what the lockshield radiator valve is for, - reducing the flow for to balance the rad.
Flow from 8 or 10mm pipes over several metres of a run will not be adequate for a large radiator and worse in winter. Remember you have to add the flow and return pipe run together to get the full pipe length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Microbore advice - please! - New run pipe size before reducing to microbore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout consisting of single flow and return headers running the length of the property and take-offs to and from radiators. Currently there is a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
I have a central heating system in a 7yr old ‘Persimmons’ new build, that has several problems related to reduced flow. A nice retired engineer on these forums, has helped me, through extensive testing, identify the heat exchanger as the culprit. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultracom 24hxi, 10...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock