Search the forum,

Discuss Metal shower hose query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a call from someone i know who is renting a property out whilst her son is away with work .
Said that tenant has a leak on the shower can i look .
Went out today and the hose from mixer body to shower head all the metal rings are pulled apart and the sheath underneath has a 3 inch split in it .And when i say pulled apart the metal on the hose is in tatters not just a couple slight gaps.

Asked how did that happen and tenant just said it just suddenly happened !!!

Personally i suspected they broke it but since found out that they have not paid rent for 3 months and have just been served an eviction notice.So out of curiosity has anyone ever come across one of those metal shower hose where it just fell apart??

Had a few where the metal rings have started to come apart,put that down to general heavy handiness though.

I've seen it a few times on old hoses. The rings become brittle and sort of snap and then the hose inside splits

Seen it lots of times.
There only £5 a pop.
Sounds like the tip of the iceberg though, if he’s not paying the rent.

Depends on the quality of the hose.
The metal cheap hoses will be easily damaged, but the interlocking stainless steel shower hoses with 5 or 10 year warranty are worth an extra few pounds.
Tenants can manage to damage anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Metal shower hose query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock