Search the forum,

Discuss Met uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kestrel

I am new to the forum and want to get some of your feedback on Met Uk as a training company. I am considering taking either the plumbing or the gas training courses that they offer.
Has anyone actaully been through taining with these guys?
I Could do with hearing some feedback , good or bad as the training is expensive and its being paid for by my redundancy money.

Hello and welcome...what qualification are you intending on achieving..?..

I am ultimately looking to get Corgi registered and work for myself.

Has anyone completed a gas training course ? I just want to get an idea as to how much work is involved with the Met UK course, 26 weeks is a long time not to get paid !

I have spoken to the company, but want to get some real life feedback from trainees who actually completed the course or are training now.
How it went, timescales, pressure ,exams, work placement etc.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

i dont live far from Met-Uk and in my opinion i would never go there. My Brother in law who has been plumbing for 26 years warned me away from it, so im at a different college.

But, like i said, just my opinion. Happy plumbing!:D

What are the far better options ?
Do you go to day release or are you on an intense plumbing course close to Met Uk ?
Surely the standard of work like "wonky pipes" is down to the individual not caring enough to ensure the pipework is straight.

Not at all, years of experience can help provide common sense when installing. Wonky pipes could have a number of external factors that the plumber did not consider whilst installing due to lack of experience/common sense.

However, as to the answer to the crash courses - generally it is cheaper and better to do a day release course at a local college.

You have a longer time to absorb and understand the information and get it right, no point rushing it only to become a terrible plumber.

Fact is, the Government say there is a demand for more plumbers, this is not true, the actual demand is for "decent" plumbers. Avoid shortcuts in your core training and you will reapthe rewards later. There is no instant solution, hard work, time and effot is best practice. Start out how you mean to go on.

Besides, my college course cost me ÂŁ1,757 in total for two years training for C&G registration, Level 2 Tech. Cert. and NVQ Level 2 PMES at Bexley College, South East London.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Everything you say makes sense. I am looking for a new career as I am about to face redundancy , I see this as an opportunity to use some of my redundancy money to retrain. I know I will come out with little experience , but hopefully with the rifgt qualifications, its the only way I can get into this line of work.I wish I could do it the way you suggest.

hi kestrel,
im new to this forum and my first post. i have just completed the met:uk gas engineer course and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. for me it has been worth it and i am awaiting confimation from corgi, so yes it does deliver what it says. although it is very demanding and alot of hard work. also dont assume you pay your money you will pass, that part is down to you!

Thats good news,hope it all goes well with Corgi, have sent you a pm.
I wish more people would give feedback on Met UK.

Well I took the plunge and signed up for the gas course with Met Uk, I am, currently out on placement for 8 weeks after having 3 weeks training at Met Uk's site in Rotherham.
Its been an interesting couple of months, so much to take in, !
I am currently with a Heating company who cover housing association and council properties.
My first 3 weks at Met Uk , mainly covered Gas regs, combustion, ventilation, pipesizing, gas rates, purging,tightness testing, and H and S. Very little time in the workshop bays.

I am new to the forum and want to get some of your feedback on Met Uk as a training company. I am considering taking either the plumbing or the gas training courses that they offer.
Has anyone actaully been through taining with these guys?
I Could do with hearing some feedback , good or bad as the training is expensive and its being paid for by my redundancy money.

I left the forces and chose Met-UK to go my Gas courses I passed its not easy and there are many hurdles to get through the placement being the biggest but the final exams are not easy a lot of studying is needed. But I did pass and I started work straight away and worked for 5 years now I am looking to re qualify as the certificates only last for 5 years. I have to say though I always felt i was lacking industry knowledge whch you can only get on the job. I don't know the exact number of people that passed who started my course but it was not very many. I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Met uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock