Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow service and problem solve need in Portsmouth. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am looking for someone to service our megaflow (8 years old) and sort a problem out with it.

Background. Our set up has always been a boiler serving kitchen/cloakroom taps and megaflow. The megaflow serves the bathroom bath/shower and sink.

We've just replaced our faulty boiler with a new 28kw boiler.

Prior to the new boiler fit we would be able to have a deep bath and a long shower 30mins+ and still have hot water during and after just off the boiler feed to the megaflow without the megaflow element being on. The pressure (shown by bath fill time and shower strength was about half it is now). Although when the megaflow was first fitted we had full pressure and lots of hot water. With the element in the megaflow never being turned on.

We only ever turned the element in the megaflow on when the boiler would break every couple of years or so.

Now we have had a new boiler fitted and the pressure is right up. Now if I fill a bath at full speed you cannot get hot water after for a shower. If I fill the bath at half speed you can get a bit of hot water for a shower but it does run out and takes a while for hot water to return to the bathroom taps. On one occasion the hot water never came back and we had to turn the megaflows element on to reheat the tank.

We are now having to turn on the megaflow element to have a bath and shower close together and sometimes the hot just runs out without a bath or shower.

As the system worked before without the element in the megaflow being turned on that is what we would like to return to (as it is the most cost effective) no matter what the pressure is.

Please contact me if you can help.

or call

Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow service and problem solve need in Portsmouth. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock