Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo descale required in Petersfield, Hampshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NickJH

Hi,

I've a 10 year old direct electrically heated Megaflo which sounds like an enthusiastic kettle when heating the water, but the water flow is OK.

Over a year ago I drained the cylinder down and replaced a scaled up lower immersion (we rarely use the upper one). It went quiet for a while but the noise slowly restarted. I descaled the immersion I had taken out, drained the cylinder again then tied vacuuming the bottom of the cylinder with a George and a bent plastic pipe (which normally would go between a cistern and toilet). I had to hold the pipe to the George and I've no idea what I was doing inside the megaflo, but I got a load of scale out. I also put back in the descaled immersion heater. Unfortunately the thing is kettling again so I would guess there is a load more lime scale inside which just makes its way to the immersion heater fairly quickly.

I've been told I am not supposed to work on the Megaflo (I am a DIYer) so I really need someone who will do the job properly.

There is a second job as the original installers did not fit a drain valve so you have to drain through the over-pressure valve and I'd like a proper drain valve fitted.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks Nick

Anyone interested in this please pm the op direct.

Incidentally, it's illegal for you to work on an unvented system under part G of the building regs which are a statutory document and therefore enforceable by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo descale required in Petersfield, Hampshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I checked the resistance of the immersion heater, and it read 19ohms, and the voltage on the live and neutral read 230V, but there was no humming or...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I have a Megaflo which has required frequent repressurisation in the last year or so. The last time I did this, I had a continuous stream of water through the tundish for a couple of minutes which has never happened before. My naive guess is that the compartment membrane has died...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an oil burner which is controlled via Tado to heat my home. My hot water cylinder is heated with water from the burner and also has a dumb immersion. I don’t use the immersion at all And would like to replace it. The burner heats the water in my hot water cylinder with a TRV valve...
Replies
Views
When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was likely due to limescale and/or other sediment buildup. I flushed it multiple times, but never got it to stop popping, so I eventually decided to replace...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock