Search the forum,

Discuss Mechanical Air Admittance Vent Plumbing- HELP HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbcom41

Hi All

Can someone please, please put an end to my pain... my father in-law has fitted 2 Mechanical Air admittance Vents to our system and the toilet still rises when you flush and the system still pulls.... please see image below... can someone please HELP...

Toiletv2.jpg

Attachments

• Toiletjpg.jpg
    Toiletjpg.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
as above and why has he fitted 2?

As above ,, Blockage.

And you've drawn the arrows the wrong way around.
Air admittance valves allow air IN not out.

He thought that the first one was not enough (100mm) so he added anther one... if we leave the Vent off the second one, everything flushes ok, the system works ok, but as soon as you add the vent, the toilet rises and the system pulls...

He thought that the first one was not enough (100mm) so he added anther one... if we leave the Vent off the second one, everything flushes ok, the system works ok, but as soon as you add the vent, the toilet rises and the system pulls...

NO, the system doesn't work OK with the vent off.
The water is backing up in the stack and running away slowly.
The mising AA-vent allows the air pressure out the system hence the water in the WC not lifting.

Take a vent off, cover the hole with cling film and flush a toilet.
The cling film will balloon up.
If it was mimicking an AA-v it should be sucked in.

I've seen AAV's confuse Drain unblocking Professionals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mechanical Air Admittance Vent Plumbing- HELP HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock