Search the forum,

Discuss Measuring rads W x H or H x W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bibbs118

Gas Engineer
Ok, so if your in the Gas Safe forum you can view my worst week ever. One of the jobs that went wrong in that week was a basic rad single panel for double swap, should have been nice and easy, plenty of movement on the 10mm pipe.

Only it went wrong because I turned up with a 600w by 400h rad as opposed to a 400w by 600h rad. It's a school boy error I know, but I asked my mate about which come first, H or W, and he replied,
" in the house and up the stairs"

ie, W first then H.

Anyway, today I turn you with the correct rad and the job goes great .

But, I find thing (see pic) and I swear to my God I installed a 400w by 600h rad, I bolted it to the side of kitchen cupboard.

So which is it? Width first height 2nd or height first width 2nd?

IMG_20180920_1319045.jpg

me personally i do width eg length and then height

Yeah, as in "in the house up the stairs" .

I do so few rad installs I'm not sure, but I was also a width by height guy .

Beware of screwfix! ! ! !

easy way to tell i find is look which measurement is lets say an 1800mm long and then you can work it out which way the format is unless its column rads :D

1800x600 p+
600x1800 p+

Hight first for me , but I don’t think there is a
“ industry standard” on this lol , may be more a regional thing

Always been height first. Thought this was standard as when I phone for a price I just say 600 x 1200 for instance and get what I'm after

I have worked in plumbers merchants for over 30 years. It has always been height by width from all the manufactures I have dealt with in Barlo, Purmo Rettig, Stelrad, Myson etc.
I do wander if it's another European thing as some of the older guys I deal with do still order length first height second.
It is similar to ordering Tees I have always used both ends then branch. Some of the younger guys have been taught end branch end.

Reply to Measuring rads W x H or H x W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock