Discuss Mears calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Who/where is the best place to get one of these?

Because as of yet I've only replaced rads with similar size. Would like to have a physical item for working out etc.

e bay I got one for a tenner recently, for new builds not older properties though. only use it for an idea then i do it on the laptop when i get home

Because as of yet I've only replaced rads with similar size. Would like to have a physical item for working out etc.

there are plenty of online calculators.

AFAIK, there are only two reasons to use a Mears

1) it looks impressively scientific to the customer
2) it oversizes radiators, and therefore allows your merchant to trade up to the leather upholstry and built in satnav.

Whilst I am not against either of these... :)

I've still got one, somewhere. They were great in their day. Mine is in BTU's.

Mine was a red one, BTU's I think. Started me off now. I will have to search it out through all that old stuff I have not thrown away.

yes, I got mine of BES, loads of downloadable stuff available, if you have a laptop or PC near you.
It is always handy to keep one in the van if you needed to size a rad in a hurry.

I've got my dad's old calculator, it's still in feet and inches the customers love it along with the stories of my dad using it and "physics don,t change"

There are Apps available which do rad sizes and boiler sizing on domestic properties. Mr Combi and Coopersoft do free apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mears calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back