Search the forum,

Discuss Mdpe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gotta do some work on MDPE tomorrow - removing a leaking coupling which looks like a philmac from MDPE to copper. And also adding an elbow.

I've never worked with MDPE before.

a) can I just cut the pipe with ratchet plastic cutters?
b) how does the non compression end of a philmac come away from the pipe?
c) what fittings are best/easiest used with MDPE?

Yes you can cut with ratchet plastic cutters , depends on the make of fitting really on demounting , Phil mac is easy to use lossen nut put liner in the pipework slide pipe in the fitting tighten hand tight and half a turn job done , secret is keep everything clean and burr free good luck bud

Yes you can cut with ratchet plastic cutters , depends on the make of fitting really on demounting , Phil mac is easy to use lossen nut put liner in the pipework slide pipe in the fitting tighten hand tight and half a turn job done , secret is keep everything clean and burr free good luck bud

Cheers mate, much appreciated

Talbot push fit are the, "gold standard",especially if buried underground but philmac or plasson above ground will suffice. Square cut, with straight blade, necessary as saw cut leaves swarf that impedes insert. Take note of how screwed fittings go together. Cone orientation and O ring. For screwed couplings slacken off half the thread and push pipe with insert fully into fitting. This to ensure split cone correctly positioned prior to tightening.
If changing MDPE to copper internally, consider using brass/poly stopcock that comes with copper insert and appropriate copper olives.

Talbot push fit are the, "gold standard",especially if buried underground but philmac or plasson above ground will suffice. Square cut, with straight blade, necessary as saw cut leaves swarf that impedes insert. Take note of how screwed fittings go together. Cone orientation and O ring. For screwed couplings slacken off half the thread and push pipe with insert fully into fitting. This to ensure split cone correctly positioned prior to tightening.
If changing MDPE to copper internally, consider using brass/poly stopcock that comes with copper insert and appropriate copper olives.

Didn't know MDPE was so easy.. sweet! Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated :)

If builders can use it I'm sure you would be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mdpe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We need to lay a MDPE pipe for a cold water (only) supply for a WC and basin, as well as a second pipe to bring a bore hole feed up to a higher level in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system and outside tap. I've ran a 25mm MDPE from the inside utility room where the main stopcock comes into the house. I originally thought that it was a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Currently suffering from poor internal flow rates near the internal 20mm stopcock of 10L/min. Want to upgrade system to either unvented cylinder or large storage combi to feed 5 bedrooms/1 bathroom/1en suite. Affinity water have confirmed supply pipe to the boundary stopcock is...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock