Search the forum,

Discuss mdpe fittings advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveR

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this is a simple or silly question, I'm a plumbing virgin so want to get it right.

We have a water supply at our allotment using 1 inch mdpe pipe and brass taps, that we screw on a hose adapter, then fit a normal hose pipe to water our plots with.

I want to run an extension from the main pipe (1 inch MDPE), onto a small collection of plots that are too far from current taps.

I have enough MDPE 1 inch pipe to do the job, I'm just bewildered by the numbers and types of fitting on the market. I'm guessing I need a "Tee" connector for 1 inch mdpe pipe to connect to the main existing pipe and our new extension, but what do I need at the other end (Tap size).

I'm probably just getting myself all confused over nothing, but all these different numbers and fittings and thread sizes are confusing the heck out of me, can someone please advise?

Kindest Regards

Steve

Your best bet is to take a small amount of the pipe to your local merchant and ask them in there, don't forget the pipe liners.

The chances are your using 25mm, and each connection requires a liner so a tee would require 3, so you'd need a 25mm tee and 3 liners, then whatever else you need, best get the pressure checked to make sure it's capable of feeding what's intended,
welcome to the forum steveR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mdpe fittings advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock