Search the forum,

Discuss MCS Accreditation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely MCS is just one step too far when we already have ISO9001, HSE, part P, water regs etc are they saying these regs dont work, as unguided says having MCS is no guarantee of a quality installation just means youve got a years supply of bog paper when you've had your install completed, If youre really lucky it'll been done by a bunch of double glazing cowboys thats a sure sign of a quality install!

Last edited by a moderator:
so in essence you can install them without being MCS ? what does the customer miss out on then ?

so in essence you can install them without being MCS ? what does the customer miss out on then ?
The only thing MCS is for is access to the government grants which are there to stimulate the market. Once the funding has dried up then I believe MCS will no longer be an issue and the double glazing experts will have stopped installing.
In essence, if you are MCS registered and the product is MCS then your customer will have access to FIT's and the RHI when it arrives.
Dont forget its a government scheme which, as we all know, are the best value for money and fairest schemes in the world!!!

Last edited:
I find the QMS completely irrelevent when I am inspecting MCS accredited installers and unregisterd installers and DIYers and finding the DIYers and unregistered installers doing a better job than the MCS guys and I will still refuse to become MCS as for my mind it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and is definately noy value for money for the customer the government or the Installer and I defy anyone to call me a cowboy because I am refusing to be MCS accredited, by the way signed anotherone off today.

Why do they need signing off? No agenda, just no idea about the regs behind solar installations...

so if talking sake i installed a solar panel hot water system, would I be able to sign it off or do i need to get an independant inspector in ?

As it stands a one eyed blind monkey can fit a heat pump onto an innapropriate system but if he can do the paperwork he can sign it off for the RHI if it ever comes in, but if the best plumber ever born fits one on the best system ever if hes not accredited it dont mean a thing, unfortunately I witness it everyday

so if talking sake i installed a solar panel hot water system, would I be able to sign it off or do i need to get an independant inspector in ?

I dont know mate, Im only doing heat pumps at the moment. As far as I'm aware you could install it without being MCS registered as a subcontractor for a company who is. That way the customer gets any grants available.

Hi EasyMCS I was wondering if you would be interested in joining our campaign to assist small businesses, by doing away with MCS, I would be very interested to hear your views on the subject whether for or against, as you will be aware there are many small independant businesses who are against it and I beleive you could contribute by bringing a bit of balance to the discussion, or why not join and back the campaign or just post on the this blog Trade Only: Over-regulation is the Biggest Barrier to Renewable take-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MCS Accreditation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock