Search the forum,

Discuss Marley Equator to Speedfit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.....
I am replacing the rads in our house and a couple have plastic pipe to them, just found out it is Marley Equator pipe, and the speed fit inserts are not the correct size, I may be able to force them in, but I can't get leverage on it to do that, if I buy a few Marley inserts, can I then break it out onto a speed fit 90 degree bend? or do I have to stick with the expensive Marley connections also? (PS I already have all the speed fit bits) Its a combi boiler and the central heating loop is around 1-2 BAR.

Thanks

JD

If it's the same od then I would say yes, but if it's different eg 16mm instead of 15 mm sorry to say you will have to use the markley elbows

Use Marley inserts and compression fittings to transition over to speed fit with speedfit inserts. That way you will have a warranty.
If it's under a floor do Marley inserts to speedfit fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marley Equator to Speedfit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Attached photo of Marley 95 degree branch. Could anyone in the know let me know if the collar at the bottom where it enters the concrete floor of my bathroom is a separate piece please? Directly below the branch is a Salt glaze pipe, am I right in thinking that collar at bottom of...
Replies
Views
Are JG Speed fit fittings compatible with most 15mm plastic pipe? I want to swap out the tees and replace with JG Speedfit. Mainly because I'm not happy with the Flexi hose going into the back of the shower mixer valve. I want to remove the Flexi, fit a new one with an 90 elbow on the end, from...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock