Search the forum,

Discuss Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont discount the lovely milwauke stuff.
swapped over from makita to it 4 months ago. fair enuf i hadnt used my makita battery stuff for a year. but this new stuff feels brill !

Ive always used Makita drills but to be honest Im looking at dewalt as my next buy the Makita drills just keep slipping out of gear really gets on my nerves. Dont get me wrong apart from that issue its a work horse wich gets the job done with ease.

Personal preference is Makita over Dewalt,
Had a Hitachi, but the case kept falling apart and the 3 batteries had to be changed as they wouldn't charge

Ive always used Makita drills but to be honest Im looking at dewalt as my next buy the Makita drills just keep slipping out of gear really gets on my nerves. Dont get me wrong apart from that issue its a work horse wich gets the job done with ease.

had same problem with my makita 18v li-on combi, metal gears were fine but plastic switching quick to wear.

Just had my Dewalt 18v combo drill pinched on site. Going to have to get a replacement so this has been useful. But all opinions are so divided. Are li-lon batteries way better then standard or is the money not worth it?

Good god hasn't this been put to bed already.....Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know anyone who's ever liked Milwaukee, so I'm surprised.

Just for information, AEG, Ryobi and Milwaukee are all made by the same company.

In varying degrees of quality :smile:

Just buy what you can afford at the time and when you can afford a bit more buy better.

In varying degrees of quality :smile:

Just buy what you can afford at the time and when you can afford a bit more buy better.

Indeed, they all fall under atlas copco, but aeg and ryobi are nowhere near the quality of Milwaukee. Aeg are in the same bracket as Dewalt/Makita IMO (what I would consider mid-range), and are good for the money.

When looking at Gasman's thread about the Kango last night i got a link to Spit stuff. Spit is basically an industrial Bosch. It is very good gear but a slightly different drill bit fitting called an S2S instead of an SDS. I even bid a tenner on an old 321 and it sold for ÂŁ10.50
This one
SPIT 321 Hammer drill, 110V FULL WORKING COMPLET WITH CARRYING CASE | eBay
For anyone interested, an S2S drill bit had 2 shallows instead of the SDS shallow and groove. To make the std SDS bits fit you need to run a grinder down one side of the bit to make the groove slightly wider.
For the inconvenience of 2 minutes you can pick up a cheap very good quality gun

De Walt usually unless you are working outside in summer when I tend to have a wasp problem........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock