Search the forum,

Discuss makita li ion 18v kit???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gallstone

I was thinking about splashing some hard earned on a makita 18v kit, which includes circular saw, angle grinder, combi drill, sds and jigsaw. I do a variety of P&H work so would use them regular (maybe not the jigsaw). Ive justified the spend to myself and my wife, but have no idea if the tools will stand a good work out, ill keep the corded sds for anything bigger than 20mm.

has anyone got this gear? is it any good?

I've go the 18v combo drill and impact driver. Had them for almost 2 years now and never had a problem! Nice piece of kit.

circular, grinder and jig saw id go for corded - the batts last 5 minutes in the circular and grinder - so assume the jigsaw wouldnt be much better - so i went for the makita corded circular and the tiger milwaukee jigsaw - the impact and the 18v drill are ace - only bettered by the milwaukee models :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with moony about corded. My mate has a batt powered circular and it's papp. Doesn't seam man enough! I'd go for corded everything and get yourself the 18v and impact driver. :)

Agree with the comments above.
Anything other than very light work the circ. saw and grinder would not last the pace.
If the circ. saw is just for lifting the odd floor board or two then will do the job. Anything more than that then go for corded.
The drills are pretty good.

like Jonm i've got the 18v combo drill and impact driver.....brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to makita li ion 18v kit???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock