Search the forum,

Discuss Makita drill + driver offer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrisgy

Had an e-mail from screwfix, this makita combi drill and driver set is £150 was £200, seems like a good deal to me, apparently the offer ends today though.

Makita 8391DP-ID 18V Twin Pack - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
They are trying to sell youold stock>

This drill is 18v and has aa 1.3amp battery. Should last for about 2 minutes drilling into brickwork. Dont be fooled by the name, the drill is rubbish.

Why dont you try something like:

DeWalt XRP DC988L1 18V Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

This is what I (and many plumbers) have.This has the proper spec:

Makita BHP451RFE Li-ion 18V Cordless Combi Drill - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Or alternativly if you really want cheap AND effective.They were doing this deal with a 12v cordeless drill driver, which complement the sds masonry drilling capablities:

Makita BHP451RFE Li-ion 18V Cordless Combi Drill - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

I have a Dewalt 2kg SDs plus and it is one of my favorite drills. I probably use it more than my £300 maikta cordless (I dont want to knacker this drill!)

Last edited by a moderator:
i find the 18volt stuff falls between two stools its not realy heavey enough for constant drilling and to heavey to use as a screw driver
minimum 24volt sds for drilling and a light 12volt for screwing
my bosch 24v will drill 25 mm holes easily and it must be six or seven years old wouldnt be without it sds drillbits are fer superior to shanked drills and they never slip

for allday drilling you need sds so 24v minimum batery drill and a lightwieght 12v impact driver for screwing doesnt make your arm ache

Last edited:
Steve what 12v driver do you use , and what size screws does it go up to ? its just that i am looking to purchase a decent battery driver , cheers mark

Makita BHP451 is the top of the range 18v Lithium Ion Combi Hammer. If you do have a dedicated hammer drill, particularly SDS+ system, then you could opt for the BHP452 which is lighter tool and cheaper.

little 12vimpact driver will punch two inch screws in to timber and anything into rawlplugs i use a 10 and 13 mm socket to punch the bolts into rad brackets no problem

I presume the battery pack used with the 12v is 2.6ahm or 3.0ahm.

Glad i come across this thread, last night i bought 18v makita 1.3Ah Nicd

I assume this aint up to scratch for daily use?

I presume the drill you bought was the 8391. This drill is generally supplied with 1.3ahm batteries. It is perfect for daily use, but you will find that the battery pack runs down very quickly, particularly when you are using the hammer. If you experience that problem you can always look to purchase the 1834 2.6ahm battery pack or the 1835 3.0ahm. These batteries operate the drill perfectly.

what drill/drills would you reccomend for me?

i need to be able to drill through masonry for outside tap fitting and the odd wastepipe, and very very occaisionally maybe a 110mm soil pipe outlet.

because i don't do a lot of core drilling it seems a bit excessive to shell out hundreds and hundreds on a hilti or macrist.

so is there one drill which will do my everyday stuff plus cope with the occaisional core???

thx guys

KJ

I would recommend the Makita HR3210FCT, also available as a SuperMac with additional Drill Bits. The Core capacity is 90mm and is a powerful SDS+ drill (850 watts) with a changeable chuck. Only problem - slightly heavy for constant use, 5.6 Kgs.

As with anyone looking to purchase a drill, you really need to ask yourself what you will be using it for and how much use it will get. You don't need a 36v hilti if all you are doing is fitting the occasional bathroom suite, but a 14.4v makita combi drill isn't enough if you are drilling large holes for pipework and fixing masonry anchors all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita drill + driver offer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock