Search the forum,

Discuss Makita batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Does anyone use the Makita lxt range?

Genuine batts are £50+ fit bl1830

Copy batts £20

Is it a case of buy cheap but twice?

Any experiences?

Thx

Rct

I purchased a genuine Makita battery when I first got my drill/driver and wanted it for my radio so I had 3 batteries on the go.
That was around 8 years ago and it still holds a charge and works fine so it pays to get genuine.

Makita batteries have micro chip that talks to charger and this can cause problems. Have replaced two batteries and one charger in past 3 years of moderate use. Running battery right down seems to increase chance of failure. Genuine parts available on line at substantial discount.

I've replaced about 4 For drill & saw Increased amp hr. for less than half price never had any problems with copy battery's

I've had 3 genuine ones, one died after 2 year's, the other two still going after 5 years
Bought 3 fakes last February and they're still just about working although sometimes hassle charging them

Thx all

I might buy 2 fakes & see how they go.

Will buy another genuine also at same time.

Cheers again

I bought a few fake dewalts a few years back, the worked fine just didn't hold the charge for as long but didn't really make much difference. I can't say how long they lasted as after a year I went service and maintenance so never used them.

After about 3 years with no use I sold all my kit and recharged the batteries the 2 real ones still charged and worked the fakes didn't.

Have recently bought two new makita batteries and a dewalt one offline from a seller called "powertoolmate" selling on ebay at a very competitive price, might be worth having a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita batteries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock