Search the forum,

Discuss Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunny0,

Here is a link to download that software - It's not on Natwest's site as they discontinued it.

Freeware NatWest Business Software at Download Collection.Com

It was last updated around 2008 but there is a text file in the zip from that link to tell you how to run it in Windows Vista or later.

Hope it helps

thanks for this but im running windows 8 i tried doing what it asks and when i click properties the box it asks for isnt there :(

Please tell me you have made that back now, and we all know what guys are like at 18 in the pub most days by any chance?

no a lawyer i wanna divorce :)

Made it back pretty quick . Most of the money was spent on hotels, drinks and stupid stuff like a £1800 laptop case and a £400 montblanc pen, and some suits.

Bought pen and laptop case in perpetration for a meeting with natwest CBS . Instead of making a solid business plan !

Made it back pretty quick . Most of the money was spent on hotels, drinks and stupid stuff like a £1800 laptop case and a £400 montblanc pen, and some suits.

Bought pen and laptop case in perpetration for a meeting with natwest CBS . Instead of making a solid business plan !

A Parker Sonnet would have been excusable but a montblanc!!! lol

Just recieved a phone call about a grant i applyed for they are sending me out a business plan template :)

Just recieved a phone call about a grant i applyed for they are sending me out a business plan template :)

It will probably be a bunch of word and excel documents - Of all the methods I have used that natwest software was the one that made things most simple.

All the figures for your profit and loss and cashflow charts are automatically generated.

Let me know if they send something better as I have found anything in years.

wpuld anyone care to fill in my Business plan? ill give you a tenner n a pack of pork scratchings :54:

I have to admit to not making a business plan when I started up other than to make as much money as possible by doing as good a job as possible for everyone! Keep pushing prices up until you are at that sweet spot where you can't really take any more work on but don't have it coming out of your ears then the profits will follow.

Damn, given it all away!

I wanna have that same attitude but I gotta do one for this start up grant I've applied for, if they knock me back after spending best part of a week doing it I'll smash someone

you should go to some local networking meetings. You get a chance to meet local small business's ie solicitors, bookeepers, accountants, web designers, printers etc, i rarely find others tradesmen there. You spend a couple of hours at the end or beginning of the day drinking coffee, picking their brains, making contacts and usually getting some business out of it. Oh and turn up in your work clothes you'll be the center of attention because everyone else is in suits.

PS don't sign up to join any group till your sure it will work for you.

instead of being angry t&h just sing kumbayar my lord whilst in the lotus position maybe smoking something relaxing.....just a thought hey

instead of being angry t&h just sing kumbayar my lord whilst in the lotus position maybe smoking something relaxing.....just a thought hey

Or just book yourself in at the local brothel for a couple of hours.

Unfortunately, much so-called "business planning" is nothing of the sort. At best its a box ticking exercise, and at worst its a cynical attempt by banks to identify all the reasons that they can try to sell you additional financial services.

If you are serious about building a business which is more than just straightforward self employment, then I would recommend an outstanding book on the subject called Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt.

I wish I had read it at the beginining of my business career, BEFORE I made so many of the text-book mistakes that the author identifies.

cheers Ray

yeah im serious, even if i dont make it big time i know what ever work i do get will be done to quality and leaving the custard happy as for the business plan i got to do it to qualify for the grant, im starting to wonder if i should just ask my parents for it lol

but on a better note the business plan is opening my eyes more n more and i have picked up on alot not doing this might not have opened my eyes to other principles

are you doing the business plan to get the grant from the princes trust? I did the business enterprise course when i first started which was free and very useful imho. Didnt go for the grant though as i already had work coming in. Good luck buddy

are you doing the business plan to get the grant from the princes trust? I did the business enterprise course when i first started which was free and very useful imho. Didnt go for the grant though as i already had work coming in. Good luck buddy

Its not the princess trust one its a start up grant I applied for from a government website and I got a phone call from a company called X-Forces who help out those who have been in the forces not sure if I'll get it but its worth a shot

Business plan/cashflow plan all completed now waiting for my business mentor to rip the pee out of it :)

Business plan/cashflow plan all completed now waiting for my business mentor to rip the pee out of it :)

Good luck, but don't worry overmuch about the business mentor. Sure, listen to the questions, and ask yourself if you are happy with your answers. But if he/she is that clever, how come they aren't making millions running their own business? I have alway wondered about who lectures in business schools and colleges.

Good point Ray good point indeed

Its a she by the way and she did tell me the other day that she hadnt had a business plan get rejected for the grant yet lol bold statement

On your facebook page you have a business card that shows the web address to be www.t&hplumbing.co.uk

Web addresses do not contain special characters like the ampersand '&' so this will never actually be a valid address.

It doesn't reflect well giving out a web address that doesn't actually exist - It will make some question whether you are a competent or even legitimate operation.

Good luck with you grant

that page was opened last week TWD i know your point thou, i tottally forgot about the website on them, the card was designed as a template, im still waiting for my guy to start my website

thanks for reminding me ill alter it now :)

Sorry Alex but this type of meeting I often have to attend on behalf
of my investors in API 2006 - its a bit like everybody in a room with
blindfolds on hoping to touch another major contracter - they
are rubbish CHK
you should go to some local networking meetings. You get a chance to meet local small business's ie solicitors, bookeepers, accountants, web designers, printers etc, i rarely find others tradesmen there. You spend a couple of hours at the end or beginning of the day drinking coffee, picking their brains, making contacts and usually getting some business out of it. Oh and turn up in your work clothes you'll be the center of attention because everyone else is in suits.

PS don't sign up to join any group till your sure it will work for you.

At 8 pages this is a really good post - I am on here to help and learn and I have done both
- so off you go and keep us updated with your progress - and we can do technical as well

centralheatking

Thank CHK

its alot better than my outside tap thread lol, i always find no matter how long you have done something you are always learning, doing the job is no problem its the business side i need help n advice with but with all the help im gettin ill be Richard Branson in the year 4027 :)

Really interesting thread guys. my own tip would be to stop overplanning and start doing. If it comes to it make a Facebook page, print up some business cards and put yourself out there. There's a lot of great plans out there that are never acted on - at the end of the day you just have to get up and go.

If you're plumbing put up a Facebook page, get a website, tweet and start putting yourself about. Getting exposure and going public will help motivate you with the rest. business is about ppl not paperwork at the end :)

that's my encouragement anyway

Just an Update to how im progressing

My Flyers landed on the doorstep today posted 4 thousand of um :cool3: weather was glorious but still have another 4 thousand to post :bigcry:

Work wise its been a bit quiet, got a full weeks worth of work booked in monday, apart from that ive fitted 6 outside taps lol and a leaking toilet also the possibility of a full bathroom install coming up, the word is getting out slowly but surly

Hopefully will have the van purchased and signed up within the month (fingers crossed)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)
You cannot charge vat if you are not vat registered.

Whatever you buy from a merchants the price you pay includes vat. You charge this price to the customer plus a markup pllus labour. If you so much as mention vat on one of your invoices you can get in a lot of trouble

I don't think I explained good enough, what I ment to say was

For instance I have the B&Q trade point book there prices in there are without vat, when a customer tells me for instance a bathroom suite they want and say its £200 would I add %20 on for vat then give the customer that price including mark up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock