Search the forum,

Discuss Mains connected to bath through a hot and cold feed pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandycat

Hello

I have had a toilet put in and the plumber modified the feed to toilet connecting it to mains and in doing so the feed to the jacuzzi bath which is filled by gravity feed through a hot and cold combined pump, became mains fed, a few days later while using the basin in the bathroom the pump under the jacuzzi bath blew causing a massive mains leak, ruining the floor and the downstairs kitchen ceiling etc etc, The company is a big local company and they are saying its not their fault as they did not know the pump was there, and also today have said the pump would have been able to take a mains feed so are trying to blame it on a pipe coming off or something similar, am I right in thinking its illegal to connect mains to a small pump with a hot connection, and my argument is they should have checked out where the pipe they were conncting to went.

Any advise would be helpful

Thanks

Don't know about legality but good practice is to look at what pipes feed what.

Personally I would have made sure that if I was swapping an item to mains fed that it didn't alter anything else. However, why change the supply anyway?

Yes I agree, the legal side I have been told is that a pump cannot be on mains feed one because the pressure will blow it, if it is it has to be of a certain type to take the pressure and written consent from Water Board is needed, I presume its to do with bath water backing into mains feeds

Its a wash and dry toilet being put in for me on a charitys money as I am disabled, I went upstairs and they were just gravity feeding the toilet and I told them it had to be mains or it would not work, they should have been aware of this as a survey was done by the loo company and it was noted it needed mains, the plumbing company also did a survey prior to the work being done

Surely if they connected to the mains, they would have capped off the tank cold at the basin?

Supposed to be something that helped me not caused more agro, they tried to tell me the bath was mains before but it wasnt, the hot and cold went through the pump to fill the bath

The loo and basin are next to each other and the bath in another area where the shower is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains connected to bath through a hot and cold feed pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock