Search the forum,

Discuss Main Water heater problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys Need some help of you more experianced guys if anyone could help

Main weater heater 52-476-40 lighting on to main burn once you light the pilot, as soon as you've energised the pilot and release the pilot button main burner comes on even though there is no open tap, faulty gas valve ? stuck open ?

Had a quick look and they still make a few parts for these but some are now obsolete, Tried advising him to think about upgrading his whole heating as currently old brick type storage heaters in hall and no heating in bedrooms , he wasn't to keen though.

Any advise greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Could be gas valve or the spindle between water section & gas valve is stuck have you taken off the water section ?

Yeah. Stuck push rod. More often than not, remove the PR , clean with wire wool, silicon grease and jobs a good 'un.
If parts are available and at a reasonable cost, one would normally change the diaphragm while you are that far into it.

If you go for just greasing, explain beforehand that there are no guarantees of success, but I would go as far as 90 per cent

Could be gas valve or the spindle between water section & gas valve is stuck have you taken off the water section ?
No mate it was flying visit as no merchants are open didn't want to start stripping things out and be stuck

Yeah. Stuck push rod. More often than not, remove the PR , clean with wire wool, silicon grease and jobs a good 'un.
If parts are available and at a reasonable cost, one would normally change the diaphragm while you are that far into it.

If you go for just greasing, explain beforehand that there are no guarantees of success, but I would go as far as 90 per cent
thanks mate yeah didn't want to start stripping as no merchants open will see if parts are ready available I think they are

No mate it was flying visit as no merchants are open didn't want to start stripping things out and be stuck

Yes I've had the same, people cant understand that we don't carry every part for every boiler made since the Romans came to Briton, should still be able to get the diaphragm kit, sometimes comes complete with spindle.

Yes I've had the same, people cant understand that we don't carry every part for every boiler made since the Romans came to Briton, should still be able to get the diaphragm kit, sometimes comes complete with spindle.
Hahaha I know it's just my look it will start Soding out as soon as I show it a spanner then the isolation valve won't work , stop tap knackered and the one in the road has been stabbed over , left it as ill come back beggining of new year when merchants open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Water heater problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock