Search the forum,

Discuss Main Multipoint BF Water Heater in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Customer has a Main Multipoint Balanced Flue water heater.

Both the gas rate and burner pressure are under what the MIs state. MI state burner pressure is pre factory set at 14.1mbar and should not need adjusting and my checks showed burner pressure as 6mbar. Gas rate MI state 2.9 m3/hr and I got 1.9 m3/hr.

Carried out combustion checks which were all ok and pipe size are all ok.

Now the MI does not state anything on if burner pressure can be adjusted as it is pre factory set. The appliance is over 10 years old. Would this ID and also would I be looking towards replacing the gas valve.

Newly qualified engineer so any guidance woild be appreciated.

Thanks

Did check the flame assembly eg not dirty etc ?
Also check the gas valve doesn’t have shail dust / flakes in

Did check the flame assembly eg not dirty etc ?
Also check the gas valve doesn’t have shail dust / flakes in
@ShaunCorbs thanks for replying back. No that is something I that did not check however I have just asked the customer regarding service dates etc onit and they have said they cannot remember last time they got it serviced so Im assuming has been a while.

I have advised to service, could this be a cause off the issue.

Depends on combustion readings

I wouldn’t then just note it down needs further investigation

Yeah i had a read through it yesterday. Does not show anything in regards to adjusting burner pressure other than that it is pre factory set.

Reply to Main Multipoint BF Water Heater in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock