Search the forum,

Discuss Magnetic Water Conditioner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

33ching

Hi there,
Just wanted to know if anybody has these fitted or fitted them and if they work. My wife bought one the other day (Active 3000) and it states it will reduce lime scale build up in pipework. My parents live in Spain and they have an electric one installed on there feed going to their water well. The one my wife bought is just 2 magnetic foam pads that attached to your pipework and it says you should see the results in a few months so do they work.

It only cost around 5 quid.

Last edited by a moderator:
for five pounds what are you expecting the limescale hasnt got anywhere to go better to put a proper one on the cold supply to the boiler

It was only 5 pounds as it was in a sale. They are advertised on Amazon and elsewhere on the net for 11.99.

What do you mean by a proper one ?

any plumbers merchants will have at least a couple of different ones either pushfit or compression put on cold feed to boiler etc

I recently fitted a Culligan magnetic scale inhibitor for my dad, as the water is bad in his area. This was only £30, not a fiver i know!
The water comes out better then it did, but for how long we will find out.

I am fitting another in the kitchen just after the stopcock when he buys his new kitchen :rolleyes:

This one has compression fitting and was easy to fit. see pic :)

Few people that i know with electrical ones say there rubbish, to be honest i have little experience on these.

The point of my post.... just to say put it on and see, its only a fiver at the end of the day and its easy to fit ;)

Photo0289.jpg

About 7 years ago we had a Zip Hydroboil Instant hot water boiler which heated and dispensed boiling water for making tea and coffee, it was very effective and contained a small water storage tank, about 1 litre, fed via a ball float valve, it suffered from severe scale build up, and I used to strip it down and descale every 3-4 weeks, I came across in BandQ a clip on magnetic scale reducer for about £10. After 6 months of use I dismantled the heater and found virtually no scale, after 7 years there has been no further problems caused by scale. Although not the same make I can see no reason why the Active 3000 should not be as effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just read your post and agree with you the so called "black magic" that is the magnetic water conditioner seems like it could be made up although the term softener is completely misused as it does not add/remove anything from the water, whereas it physically moves ions towards each other within the device. This has been proven with the use of an electron microscope. The main goal of the magnetic water conditioner is to form scale within the device itself, due to the laziness of nature it is easier to form a crystal on an already existing surface. This also means that the process is not permanent but it will reduce the scale formation within pipework and heat generation devices. This does not mean that it will stop your taps from scaling due to the fact that it is an evaporative surface and the minerals still exist in the water. I hope this helps, if you want to read more click here ... thewaterways.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/water-conditioners-explained.html

ive got one of the wire coiled around the pipe electric ones and it does seem to work ive only got it because i took it out of somewhere so dont know the cost
to be honest i stuck it on and forgot about it and it was only when i went in to a neighbours and saw the amount of scale on his taps and bath that i realised its doing something

Last edited:
I fitted an Aquabion recently. They are a water conditioner. Will it work? we will have to wait and see. For £1500 I hope so for their sake!

I fitted an Aquabion recently. They are a water conditioner. Will it work? we will have to wait and see. For £1500 I hope so for their sake!

"The Aquabion system is based on patented technology proven to help reduce limescale build up."

Don't hold your breath kozak, I have seen so many of these things come & go over the years, each one promising it really does works cos it's got this or does that, and they have all been tested & patented !!!

It also seems that the more they charge the greater the belief that it actually does work.

I have seen large companies spending thousands & thousands, I have put them in, took them out, re-piped the system, gone back to check on the systems and each time guess what, the scale is still there !!

Show me proof that they work !!! until then DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, PLEASE.

Removing the calcium carbonates from your water through ion exchange (basic resin filled / salt based units) is the only effective way to stop scale forming in & on plumbing systems or fittings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnetic Water Conditioner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock