Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Magnetic signs or permanently signed vehicle in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mylocalplumber

mylocalplumber Member

Anyone got magnet signs? My feeling is they just wear out and look shabby over time.

Stalling on signing my vehicle as busy and like my anonymity but could always be busier.

Semi like the idea of taking off a sign when i want...whats your take?

2. PipeLyfe

PipeLyfe New Member

I think magnetic signs are Illegal in Texas. Seems like I heard this when we were putting new signs on all my dads trucks. Some had magnetic signs and he said we couldn't do that any longer. Maybe I'm mistaken but worth checking into.

3. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Yeah, well, that's in Texas.

The clue's in the name, my American friend.. UK Plumbers Forums, we're allowed them over this side of the pond. Just take them off when driving at high speed...

• Like Like x 1
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If your busy why bother never had mine done why invite would be thieves to steal your tools , paintwork is never the same , chances are you will swap it every 3-4 years your choice really bud .

5. thereisawizza

thereisawizza Plumber GSR

Had magnets for a year now, always had full signwriting before, best thing ever. I change the position of the magnet periodically to avoid any fade issues, if I'm going to B&Q in the van (which I would obviously declare as taxable) on a Saturday I don't have to be "at work". Also I play drums in a band so don't want an obvious plumbing van sat outside a pub for most of the evening.

Buy some cheap ones on Vistaprint, if you get on with them wear them out then get some nice ones done.

Oh, and don't forget to keep the vehicle clean under the magnets at least once a week, otherwise that's when they come of on the motorway!

6. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

Yeh keep it clean and the signs stored in a bag. If not - expect scratched paint.

• Like Like x 1