Search the forum,

Discuss magnacleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasfit247

hi has anyone used the magnacleanse ch system cleaner? if so is it any use as i am thinking of getting one.
thanks simon

Yeah they are good mate and handy if you sell them a magna clean as well as you can cut the magna clean in to then powerflush through that. They do clean the system very well and their hoses that come with it are good quality. Only real problem which I think is a biggy, is the fact that you rely on a working boiler/system as you need the pump to be able to power flush.

thanks for that its a good point.could fix up a working pump on push fits if neccesary i guess?

So it's just a case of downloading the PDF trade account form and filling it in/sending it off? :)

Re the boiler not working. I did speak to ADEY about this very issue and they did say that you can put the new boiler in situ and use it's pump to do the system cleanse post install. Spose it hinges on the faith you have in the product.

Re the boiler not working. I did speak to ADEY about this very issue and they did say that you can put the new boiler in situ and use it's pump to do the system cleanse post install. Spose it hinges on the faith you have in the product.

Would have no issues doing it with an intergas.

a vailliant or wb...........

No issue with any boiler IMHO.

If there's cleaner in the system when you refill after fitting new boiler, it will hold the sludge in suspension and prevent it blocking anything up.

Then after the mag flush, flush the whole system through with the cold main, first with boiler isolated, then open up to flush out the hex.

I connect mine on as soon as boilers on wall and piped , then leave running while am doing everything else like outside work etc

So you guys use it passivly?
rather than use the rad hammer to dislodge the crud?

Both. It's on return so cleans as it goes. I like a hot flush now I'm on hrt. Always half fill rads and give a judder.

I've given up with the rad hammer and use the Fernox MaxMag. Less chance of disturbing a joint and none of that awful vibration that goes right through you.

i tried to get one from screw fix when they were 20 odd wuid now upto 45 and still out of stock

I bought on if these from a very helpful chap called Ray Stafford, you need too use the rad hammer otherwise it's not worth in my opinion, but like mike it's very noisy,

they are good kit.
mine paid for itself in no time.
in fact its actually earning me money as we speak, its currently in situ in a bungalow under the floor connected to the common return before the bbu (new baxi condenser) which keeps cutting out due to ridiculous sludge based circulation problems.
2 lots of x800 been in there for 2 weeks stripping away at the caked on crud. am going back tomorrow to use the vibracleanse agitator on the rads.

Can't wait to get mine and with the additional freebies it's only gonna cost about £220 inc vat

sent him a email and put ray said "you owe me"

Said no such thing... But worth a try.

There was a similar offer on before Xmas - I think it was Nostrum that highlighted it.

You get a free Pro2 chemical pack, that's filter and chemicals, which are rather good IMO, cleaner seems to shift loads of crap.

Yeah they are good mate and handy if you sell them a magna clean as well as you can cut the magna clean in to then powerflush through that. They do clean the system very well and their hoses that come with it are good quality. Only real problem which I think is a biggy, is the fact that you rely on a working boiler/system as you need the pump to be able to power flush.

I thought you linked it through your power flush? One pipe from power flush to system and one to magnacleanse and then on to system!

I thought you linked it through your power flush? One pipe from power flush to system and one to magnacleanse and then on to system!
You can use it as a stand alone product or in unison with a power flusher

they (a magnetic filter) works ok on its own, dont touch what a powerflush machine can do imo but if you combined the two you have the best solution.

the main issues i have with the magnacleanse is its advertised as an alternative to powerflushing which its not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to magnacleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock