Search the forum,

Discuss MagnaCleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

looking at getting one of these, are they any good? not a big fan of using a powerflush tbh so was thinking of taking a rad off and attaching this to the rad valves and letting the boiler run to heat up the cleaner that i put in and let it run around the system and the magnacleanse.

would that work and does it sound like a good idear?

ive had a few joints go before using a powerflusher so looking at getting somthing different.

any idears lads (and ladys if theres any here)

cheers

I used several times, can't complain, but everybody prefers something else. I like thing that you install magnaclean into system and leave it there protecting system after system flush.

it does sound good like the fact that you can install a filter after the flush as well you can price a new filter into the price for the flush!

Have had good results with mine, although for obvious reasons it's only good for magnetic debris.

I can install a magnaclean and magnacleanse a system for less money and in less time than a power flush. You're also leaving continuous protection.

I have posted about these before, they are excellent for removing ironoxide from radiators with the help of the sds bit. But will not remove blockages from small bore pipe work. I have one myself and use it on every boiler replacement I do. I alway install a magnaclean as well to make flushing simpler and leave lasting protection. A worthwhile investment IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate got one a while ago, been doing a few flushes of late with it and much prefer it to my old Powerflushing machine

You can have it set up really quick and I much prefer them than using a power flushing machine

I want one, but they're too expensive. Can't bring myself to buy one. Only had my own power flush machine for a year or two. If it was £200 inc VAT I'd have bought one by now.

I want one, but they're too expensive. Can't bring myself to buy one. Only had my own power flush machine for a year or two. If it was £200 inc VAT I'd have bought one by now.

My mate had his tools tolen from his van not long ago, he had a word in the merchant's and managed to get a free one through the rep...

If you are fitting a few of their products, it's certainly worth asking the question ?

Reason I haven't bought one myself funnily enough, £350 seems a bit heavy

Free!! Nice. I have fitted a few Magnacleans recently on new installs. Not enough to blag freebies though.

Yeah, £350 when you have ironed out the money for a powerflush machine is even more heavy. Sure they're good though.

Free!! Nice. I have fitted a few Magnacleans recently on new installs. Not enough to blag freebies though.

Yeah, £350 when you have ironed out the money for a powerflush machine is even more heavy. Sure they're good though.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet myself, am currently getting my mate round to help us flush and to be honest the unit will have paid for itself after a few jobs

Fitted a few Magnacleans and got mixed reviews on them to be honest, had a couple that just didn't seem to stop leaking went back twice.

Think the spirotech looks pretty good, going to give them a try

I have always felt if adey could bring the price of the magna-cleanse down then they would sell more magnacleans as if makes sense to fit one whenever you use it.

What i do quite often, especially with combi's is install a drain off valve on the flow pipe, connect a hosepipe to outside and flush the system out that way using the filling loop. You can allow pressure to build up before opening the valve and you can also do each individual radiator as you would if you were using a power flusher. Much quicker and cheaper imo.

Ive found not many customers go for it as they get told power flush all the time then you recommend sank different and they dont like it and get confused.

Surely if you turn up with a magnacleanse and start flushing, they aren't gonna know the difference? It does the same job anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MagnaCleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock