Search the forum,

Discuss MagnaClean install - Boiler drain down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I want to install a MagnaClean on the boiler return and having looking at it closely I see a valve just above where it would best fit and a drain off at the bottom of the return pipe as it heads into the boiler. On he flow pipe there is another stop valve.

I would obviously switch everything off before starting but are there any potential dangers if I was to shut both valves and use the drain off to take out the water in the pipe? I didn't know if the boiler needed to be primed or anything again after or if I would just get away with opening the valves again, running the system and the bleeding the radiators.

Appreciate your advise.

Cheers

IMG_1064.JPG

whats the pipe that looks like its going to the rtn ?. anyway you could turn BOTH those valves to top left of boiler unit off - if they work. Check mt cock to be sure. Then mess about fitting a magnaclean or even a better universal filter. it will need refilling after and maybe u will get an airlock but have a go and see. turn it off - let it cool and start soon b4 it gets colder good luck

needs a gsr engy to vent the boiler as there known for air problems

Reply to MagnaClean install - Boiler drain down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock