Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator major issue!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bluebirds

I'm a student tenant of a flat, and my flat has a toilet with a macerator. When I moved in, I was told to not put anything 'un-natural' down there, which I have followed. But tonight, after a dump, it seems like the macerator has broke.

The flushing system no longer flushes any water down or even makes any attempt (that loud noise to suck the stuff down), so its just still water in the bowl.
The macerator is connected to both a sink and shower in the bathroom though and is still working perfectly for both of those.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Unlikely to be the macerator if it's working for sink and shower. Probably a blockage in the toilet outlet which is preventing water going into the macerator and triggering it.

As you're a tenant, you should call your landlord / agency and report it. If you cause a bigger problem by attempting repairs you may end up facing a bill for damage cause...

Thanks for the advice, that's lifted a monetary weight off my shoulders a little.

Do you press a button at the back left hand corner to put water in the toilet bowl?

No, I just flushed it once, i'm unsure of whatever button you're implying?

Just throw a washing up bowl of water down the pan then.

Sorry i misread,

The bowl is currently full of dirty water.. I should rid of that first I assume?

Sorry i misread,

The bowl is currently full of dirty water.. I should rid of that first I assume?

Is the noise of the macerator still working when the shower and basin are in use? If yes then RPM is right likely just a localized blockage at the toilet bowl. However if it's not and the shower tray is fill up then either these are not connected to the same macerator or they are letting by some how. Confiirm this first.
If the other outlets are working fine then just give the toilet a good plunge. If you don't have a plunger you can make one easily with a mop head wrapped tightly up with plastic bags. Just shove it down the loo up and down a few times and that should clear the blockage.

If when running the other outlets (shower and basin) you don't hear the macerator then just double check its switched on the number of time i've gone out to one of these and it was simply switched off is amazing.

Believe sink and shower water activates the motor, trying to determine if the flush valve is releasing water in to the pan from a cistern.

Yeah the shower works perfectly, I had both the shower and the sink turned on while the bowl was full in hope that the macerator would get rid of the blockage at the same time as it worked for the shower.

Yeah the shower works perfectly, I had both the shower and the sink turned on while the bowl was full in hope that the macerator would get rid of the blockage at the same time as it worked for the shower.

It's likey a Sani plus or similar type macerator. The inlets for the sink and shower come in to the bottom of the macerator so if they are still engaging the pump RPM is probalbly right just a localised blockage. But just to make sure the flush mechanism is still work? if you press it water still enters the bowl? If yes don't do it again as it will only overflow and get muck everywhere if blocked. Try first plunging as described above and see if that shifts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator major issue!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock