Search the forum,

Discuss LPG inlet pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay_1981

Very rarely work on LPG (and yes I do have LPG cert) was looking for someone with more experience on LPG, basically I have noticed on the past 3 LPG jobs inlet pressure at blr was low 28-33mb, ecv to house was approx 2-4m from blr and from the ecv was 22mm pipe, has anyone else come across similar problems. (oh and all the tanks did have a reasonable amount of gas left)

check the minimum inlet pressure on in the boiler manual. If the second stage regulator is at the tank it can lead to pressure drop at the other end. I have actually seen 10mm pipe fronm the tank to the outside wall of the house. This was fine when the second stage regulator was there but a ne wtank was fitted with all the pressure controls built in. This means that LPG at 37mbar was trying to squeeze through the 10mm pipe hence a massive pressure drop at the boiler inlet when firing. If you have low pressure without any appliances firing you have regulator problem.

Problems were all when appliances firing at full rate 20-32KW and two of controls were on tank, the other was on calor bottles on other side of the wall that blr was mounted on. As I said, just looking for what some others have had experience with regarding inlet pressures. As I understand it the company supplying gas usually owns the tank, how are they usually when it comes to inspecting/replaceing govenors (as I said LPG qualified but rarely use it)

Thanks for all input

Check on the regulators how much gas in Kw/h (probably) can throughput the pipework. Bigger tanks are used not solely for more storage but also so more Vapour can boil off the liquid gas during high demand

nice tip, how much will a drop in temp affect the tank, these last few jobs occured during the cold snap with the outside temp ranging from -3 to +4/5deg C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG inlet pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock