Search the forum,

Discuss Lpg consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
I have a customer who lives in an old cottage. It was originally two cottages now knocked into one.
She has two combi boilers both 24kw running off a 4 pack of 47kg.
The installation is sound no leaks. Basically she is runnng her heating on both boilers for roughly 4 hours a day and hot water on top. Shower am and pm.
In 4 weeks they have used 4 new bottles and now on 2 more delivered today.
Does this sound excessive??????i know there is a calculation for consumption but just want some opinions please????
Cheers

Do you mean 4 bottles per boiler ???

Its difficult to calculate anywhere near exact because boilers modulate down to lower rates after a while of operation. But based on 4 bottles

if they ran at full rate together (48kw) then from my reckoning they would last approx 55 hours running time on the boilers only.
Less again with the hot water and hob/cooker.

As i say this is very rough and based on max rate obviously during winter they are gonna use more gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
On tapatalk and cant tell - are you gas safe registered with lpg ??

A 45kg bottle should give snout 630 (ish) kw .
So that is about 27 hours use at 24 kw. (That's only one boiler) so about 14 hours for both combined. In an average day if the heating is on for 8 hours and the boiler modulates down its probably running about half that.

So if you don't want to do the maths, with that set up . With my rubbish maths�� at this time of year........"....... It will use a bottle every 3-4 days.

edit!! Just re read the post. It's only on for 4 hours. Do double my figures to 6-8 days.

looks like it's about right

Last edited:
Sounds about right based on a couple of custs that have this setup, not cheap to run!

Any chance of them going for bulk storage tank ? cheaper than bottles

If you carry out work for calor their guys will advise, pretty sure they need bulk storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lpg consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock