Search the forum,

Discuss lpg boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
ive just turned down a job to fit a thermo couple on a lpg boiler as i dont have lpg qualifications
would i have been ok to do this job as it doesnt involve breaking in to the gas supply?

only if you break into the combustion chamber, which is the flueing. which i would assume it would be, you would have to it take off to get to the pilot.

you did right turning it down, kes36.

Well done for saying NO! As above....................If you are the last person to touch the boiler then you are the first person they will turn to if anything was to go wrong. It could be 6 months time but your name is written all over it.
Not worth the risk

totally agree with previous comments. Good man for walking away.
As far as you q goes if you do any operation to the actual boiler that the cust couldn't do and then take payment then this is classed as work in the gas regs, so in theory this could also include changing a pump on a combi (dunno how that will affect combustion but thats the regs for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lpg boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock