Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure upstairs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have just installed a bath/shower and whilst it works and looks great the pressure is abysmal due to the low hot water pressure upstairs. I tested it and it took nearly half an hour to fill the bath. The sink hot tap is poor as is the en suite. Although the en suite shower is pretty powerful but much further away from the water tank so I am guessing that is why whereas the main bathroom is only a doorway away or so.
So i am wondering is feasible to attach this pump - 1. Fully Automatic Shower Power Booster for all systems (SP2B). 3 Year Warranty - Shower Power Booster - directly to the hot water supply pipe that comes out of the boiler, goes down and feeds the house? If it improved the pressure by four times or so I think that would do.

Failing that, any other suggestions?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Best wishes,
Phil.

Do you have a combi boiler or a copper cylinder ?

If it's a combi boiler do you know your incoming cold water pressure and flow ?

Also the link you have posted, they arnt very good (better as a paper weight)

Do you have a combi boiler or a copper cylinder ?

If it's a combi boiler do you know your incoming cold water pressure and flow ?

Also the link you have posted, they arnt very good (better as a paper weight)

Sorry, I meant attach the pump to the pipe that comes out of the hot water tank upstairs not the boiler. It's not a combi boiler. and I have no idea what the water pressure is other than rubbish!

Theres quite a few pumps on ebay of the smaller kind - a lot cheaper as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I meant attach the pump to the pipe that comes out of the hot water tank upstairs not the boiler. It's not a combi boiler. and I have no idea what the water pressure is other than rubbish!

Theres quite a few pumps on ebay of the smaller kind - a lot cheaper as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Right ok, The only way sorry to say your going to sort it id to install a shower pump

Your best option as they need to be installed correctly is contact a local plumber

Right ok, The only way sorry to say your going to sort it id to install a shower pump

Your best option as they need to be installed correctly is contact a local plumber

There isn't any room under the bath for a big pump which is why I was looking at the smaller one and attaching it direct to the water tank outlet. Sadly, due to the massive unreliability of plumbers in my area - which is why I ended up doing it myself - it would probably take a decade to get one to come out and take a look and even then, he wouldnt get back to me with a quote!

Doesn't go under the bath goes by your cylinder if you feel you could do it your self just read the instructions first as I you will require a few things

Sorry to say that's the only way them small ones don't work

Doesn't go under the bath goes by your cylinder if you feel you could do it your self just read the instructions first as I you will require a few things

Sorry to say that's the only way them small ones don't work

So you are saying I can put a pump where the outlet pipe leaves the water tank but it needs to be a better make of pump? And that would improve pressure to the whole house?
I've taken a picture of the tank and the pipes in question.

Thanks again for your help and time. Much appreciated.

IMG_2226.jpg

Need to go at the base or the cylinder or use a negative head pump if above cylinder

And depends how you plumb it in but yes

This is what you need to do phil wessex flange in the top of the cylinder one hot connection to the pump the other to the house hot supply, hot out the pump to your shower , a cold supply from the storage tank in the loft into the pump, a cold out of the pump to your shower fitted like this before and after pictures. This much the same as you have not a five minute job bud took me day and a half materials and labour look to pay ÂŁ750+ if you get someone in cheers kop

20160107_074738.jpg

20160108_090051.jpg

20160108_090044.jpg

20160108_090037.jpg

Get a plumber into have a look at it all. Really needs to be piped carefully and also not done with pieces of plastic plumbing IMO.
You probably also have taps and connections that don't suit gravity supplies.

This is what you need to do phil wessex flange in the top of the cylinder one hot connection to the pump the other to the house hot supply, hot out the pump to your shower , a cold supply from the storage tank in the loft into the pump, a cold out of the pump to your shower fitted like this before and after pictures. This much the same as you have not a five minute job bud took me day and a half materials and labour look to pay ÂŁ750+ if you get someone in cheers kop

View attachment 30025

View attachment 30026

View attachment 30027

View attachment 30028

Thanks very much for taking the time to post the above. I am guessing our houses were built by the same builders such is the similarity. The shower itself is already in with a cold water supply from the loft so I think i would just need a single pipe pump for the hot. I agree it is a swine of a job! Weighing up just using it as a second shower as you can shower in it, against the time and expense.
Thanks again.

Pictures are not my property phil its a customers they had said bathroom installer put nice new walk in shower and new sanitary ware in fully tiled floor to cieling only to find it just trickled out the shower their answer was you supplied the stuff we fitted it not our problem your hot and cold water system is not up to the job , bit beyond us get a plumber in which so i ended up sorting out for them , regarding your problem you will need a twin pump hot and cold bring the cold down through the pump then back up to connect to shower feed equal pressures on hot and cold then will sort it cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low hot water pressure upstairs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock