Search the forum,

Discuss Lost water pressure in all my taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Some advice, please. I've lost water pressure in all the taps in my flat. There is still some running water, but not enough for the boiler to kick in and heat it (it's probably lost around 2/3rds pressure). At first, it went away for a few hours, came back again for a few hours, went away again etc, now its been gone since Saturday night. Toilet flush seems unaffected and I did a load of laundry earlier which also seemed to work fine. I live in a flat which is part of a house that has been divided up - none of the other tenants have had any issues. What's the likely cause of this and should I be approaching a plumber or the water board?
Thanks, and happy new year!

Turn off taps, etc. Check your water meter. Is it spinning rapidy or stationary? Listen carefully for the sound of running water, e.g. in a cistern or from an overflow.

If it's spinning rapidly, you've got a large leak somewhere. Turn off your water at the stop-cock, which should stop it and have a careful hunt round for evidence of where it's going.

If the toilet and washing machine are working fine then something 'downstream' from them is causing the problem. Could be a large leak, but more likely is a valve, e.g. pressure regulator, or filter that needs maintenance.

Has someone come in recently to perfom some maintenance and forgotten to open a valve again fully, perhaps?

hi if you turn the taps on an you get a sudden burst of pressure then flow goes low , this could be a faulty stop tap or pressure reducing valve on incoming water supply , I would get water board first then plumber , happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lost water pressure in all my taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock