Search the forum,

Discuss looking to get my foot in the door in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI can someone please give me some advice on what kind of companies take on trainees. I am currently studying a level 2 and then level 3 plumbing and gas course. it is a learn from home course city and guilds ( 6129 ) I have so far done one week practicle copper pipe bending soldering etc. I will complete 11 weeks practicle then 6 weeks on site to complete the course. I am a full time mechanical engineer of 12 years and was looking for a change I know people are wary of these course but it was the only way I could train whilst keeping fulltime employment. I have a very good engineering background from machining lathes, millers also mig,tig welding and also hydraulics so not behind the door. If sotermeone would kindly reply and give me some advice as theres a lot of plumbers on here would be much appreciated cheers
(I am in the Manchester area)

Unfortunately they never cover the real world of plumbing, that can only be learned by working with an quality trained and experienced plumber. As far as the gas is concerned you will need a portfolio that is really built up with work learnt onsite, side by side with a GSR person. I wish you luck. But you really need to work with someone. Offer to work for free. Someone who is really interested in training you part time might be interested.

yeah that's what im looking for really someone I can work with at weekends or evenings and would happily do it for free. Probably my only option but cheers for the reply

That's how I got my foot in the door 8 years ago. My boss retired and I bought the company eventually.

Not going to learn much on evenings and weekends. Need to commit if you are going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking to get my foot in the door in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock