Search the forum,

Discuss looking for work in plumbing as a apprentice or unpaid work experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cadilacmaj

hi am looking for work unpaid or as a apprentice, I want experience and become a plumber am from Manchester I am willing to pay for my time to the employer or give a grant in return for this opportunity

Hi and best of luck finding someone, you will find numinous people on here asking the same question all over the uk, what if any experience have you had ? and why do you want to become a Plumber ? hope its not for the money, not the highest paid, but one of the most expensive to train for, cost of tools etc..

I haven't had any experience to be honest, only taster sessions in college it is expensive to retrain your correct there. iv been working since I was 18 now am 26 stuck in security. thinking of a career change. I know a lot of people do come on here looking for work and the government grant is for young people under 24. that's majority of the apprenticeship or traineeship is threw that age gap awarded to them. its not for the money its just that I have had interest in construction since I was young doing diy at home. that's why I have come on this forum to offer the equivalent of what the government offers to young people to employers

If your looking to get into construction, have you considered or looked into other trades, Tiling, Plastering, Painting as some examples , Plumbing you are looking for a long and difficult trade to get into, as you can see from the amount of inquires just on this site everyone wants to be a Plumber ! WHY ??

You know I would love to but you look at these colleges they put your motivation high an when u go looking for a job. No experience so it's better to look for work which gives you a portfolio which you can employment like the Europeans most of them don't have nvqs but when you ask them they say they tagged along and got experience. The colleges is here they offer you nothing now a days it' who you know or dad knows. I ddon't mind doing any trade it's just a joke that you can't get work experience.

Can you speak English and count to twelve. If so you are are in.

You know I would love to but you look at these colleges they put your motivation high an when u go looking for a job. No experience so it's better to look for work which gives you a portfolio which you can employment like the Europeans most of them don't have nvqs but when you ask them they say they tagged along and got experience. The colleges is here they offer you nothing now a days it' who you know or dad knows. I ddon't mind doing any trade it's just a joke that you can't get work experience.
Why is it a joke that you can't get work experience?
How long do you think it will take you to train as a plumber if you were "tagging along" either paid or unpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for work in plumbing as a apprentice or unpaid work experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock