Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Shower with Body Jets advice - homeowner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michelle Boyle

Hello and thank you for letting me join your forum. I've had two recent bathroom refurbishments both with custom shower installations including Rain shower, four body jets and hand showers. Our water pressure wasn't up to and we were advised to install a Stuart Turner flomate mains boost extra 300 pump. The installer went ahead and fitted the body jets before the pump was installed saying with this pump there would be no problem, we now have the pump and the body jet spray is less than satisfactory. We are now trying to resolve this issue and hence I'm here to try and get advice to find out if the system has been configured properly.
Is there anything obvious that could be causing the lack of pressure, or what should we check first. The pump did improve the pressure just not enough for the body jets to operate properly.

Body_jets2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what system do you have combi or unvented cylinder?

It's been piped up correctly, with a loop.
Did you use Hans grohe body jets? These rely on massive pressure to give a decent flow.

Do you know your pressure and flow rates ? (For your system)

The pressure in the shower in our ensuite which was not part of this refurbishment has increased dramatically since the Stuart Turner pump was installed and is much more than the shower when used alone in the refurbished bathroom.

Time to get technical!

What mains pressure do you have available?
What pressure do you have with the pump operational?
What are the pressures required in the manufacturers specifications for the body jets to work effectively?

If you can't get the pressures required by the manufacturer, then there will be no guarantee that the shower will work.
So make sure you can achieve the minimum requirements before you proceed further.

Get the information required - pressure & flow rates and get the manufacturer to give you a guarantee, in writing, that your shower will comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Shower with Body Jets advice - homeowner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I managed to snap a tee and an elbow whilst cleaning the pipework connecting the body jets to the valve on a second hand shower tower. These connect to push fit fittings at both the valve and spray jet ends. Can anybody advise on the best way to repair these fittings or where I may...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, i'm looking for some advice on improving the performance of my electric shower as it frequently fluctuates in temperature and flow. The 8.5kw shower was installed in April so is fairly new, the property however is a terraced house with 1.6 bar water pressure at the stopcock, any kind of...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock