Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for information on alternative manufacturers, currently install mostly Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I install between 15 and 30 boilers a year. I've always fitted Worcester's as I trust them implicitly,their technical helpline guys are brilliant, installation is easy and they have been reliable boilers.

However I am aware that they are among the most expensive brands and am looking to keep up to date with the times. I hear a lot of good things about Baxis (although its often from people trying to sell me Baxis), but I would really appreciate some feedback from you guys out there fitting them.

How helpful is their technical helpline?

Any experiences of Baxi trying to wriggle out of their warranty commitments on technicalities, (something I've never experienced from Worcester).

Also it would be great to hear from anyone who fits any other brand too?

Thanks in advance guys!

Ive fitted 8 baxi eco blue boilers and only had a problem with one, that said the one problem i had turned out to be a nightmarw and they ended up replacing the whole boiler and it took them 3 weeks to do in Nov!

That said i still fit them as this hopefully was a one off and no one is 100% perfect right?

Have to agree with townfanjon, I haven't fitted anything else than Viessmann for about 6-7 years.

I used to fit loads of WB Greenstar for my old boss, the right hand manifold was pants, pinholes, leaky o rings, used to burn out the diverter valve motor until they fixed the problem by adding a green plastic cap. Left hand manifold also pinholes, fans are useless and I've replaced loads, could never understand the fixation with WB, the earlier 24/28cdi bulletproof but not the last ten years.
At the same time my old boss used to sell a cheaper model, Main eco 25/30 never had many call backs to these !!
At this moment we've been fitting Baxi Duotecs and for cheaper installs the WH90T from Ravenheat.
Just had one mate recently who fits Ideal Logics, heat exchanger needed replacing under warranty and Ideal sent out an engineer to dip the system and told him if they think he didn't flush he'd have to replace from his own pocket. Luckily the analysis showed cleaner, inhibitor and low iron levels. Doesn't fill you with confidence....!!

Mostly fit vaillant, but they are at the pricey end too. I've fitte 4 baxi. Boilers in the last 2 years and had them out to 3 of them!
I don't like Worcester boilers, but if your happy, why change?

I agree I'm just trying to keep informed, it seems like every job I quote for I'm either followed by or preceded by a Baxi man whos quote is a few hundred quid cheaper and who is telling their customers Baxi are as good as if not better than Worcester.

I always recommend and install Vaillant.
Fell out with Worcester years ago over poor customer service.
We all come across people undercutting us with cheaper Boilers.
I always recommend Vaillant and tell the customer that they are amongst the dearest but there's a reason for it, (in my opinion).
I also tell them I am happy to install other well known good quality makes if they prefer something different.
That way, I think you plant the seed and if the customer chooses a different Boiler, it wasn't at your recommendation, Am I making sense?

If you're happy with Worcester, stick with them

Hi guys. Tbh we keep well away from worcesters. Expensive for lots of plastic lol. Imo u can't touch vaillant. Fantastic boilers, simple installation and very reliable + 10 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for information on alternative manufacturers, currently install mostly Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock