Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Experience in Barnsley and Surrounding area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louigi

Hello everyone my name is Dan I'm 24, Iv'e got a daughter of 1yr old. Iv'e just done a 2 weeks course at BGAS in Barnsley, iv'e passed my unvented and water regs exams - This doesn't really mean anything though unless I know what I'm doing... (just being honest) We did as much practical experience as the tutor could fit in. I loved it, and want to pursue my career in Plumbing. Iv'e called a few plumbers out the yellow pages offering to work for free just to gain some more experience which may help me get a job in the future. They said they would call me back when work gets busy but i'm looking for a definite yes you can come with me for a couple of weeks, I wouldnt want anything I just really need the experience. Or even a work trial towards a job/apprenticeship, I'm very keen I'm eager to learn and I will work towards my gas safe - Though I know that's a long way away yet.

Thanks for reading,
Dan

They have let you take your unvented with no prior experience??

Well that centre has pi$$ed in the face of the requirements to take it.....

took me 5 years partime at college and working self employed to get all my tickets, and several years of graft to learn anything thereafter, along with the help of one or two mentors who offered advice when needed, you are at the back of the starting line of the London marathon at present and 2 weeks of college means very little in this game I'm afraid, but I'd love to be proved wrong

They have let you take your unvented with no prior experience??

Well that centre has pi$$ed in the face of the requirements to take it.....

A lot of places dont mind as long as they get paid, unfortunately. G3 training without experience is a little dangerous in my book.

A lot of places dont mind as long as they get paid, unfortunately. G3 training without experience is a little dangerous in my book.

We did a weeks worth of practical and then we did the exams, that's all I can say really I learned what I learned. I know i'm at the bottom of the ladder but i'm just asking for some free experience. I think thats the only way I can go forward.

Oh it was a free course, intermediate introduction to plumbing. I just enjoyed it a lot, and really want to go forward with it. Get a career out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Experience in Barnsley and Surrounding area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock