Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't knock the name, after all who would call a search engine Google, an auction web site ebay etc there are names then there's branding.

The concept works but not as presented here.

Yeh but eBay wasn't named after a failed auction site with a similar name nor google a failed search engine with a similar name

And after a 110 posts he is well known on this forum. To be sure

He might be well known now, but still a dreamer. If he comes back in a years time with a business then I'll be proved wrong. Some people just need to be realistic.

Depends on what is viewed is failure, was it a success for the people who used / promoted the service / product and was the name the only reason it did not perform?

What was learned in the process?

Can or will the promoter make the necessary changes?

FWIW I never heard of the failed bathroom company what is worth noting is they were big enough for a lot of people to recognise the name so Dolphin appears to be a good name (sticking power), if anything it is vital to ensure the mistakes of the failed company are not repeated in the new one.

Dreamer maybe, however it's worth noting that many good businesses start out as a dream / fantasy / goal that was put into action by brave people who believed in the concept enough to follow it through.

Depends on what is viewed is failure, was it a success for the people who used / promoted the service / product and was the name the only reason it did not perform?

What was learned in the process?

Can or will the promoter make the necessary changes?

FWIW I never heard of the failed bathroom company what is worth noting is they were big enough for a lot of people to recognise the name so Dolphin appears to be a good name (sticking power), if anything it is vital to ensure the mistakes of the failed company are not repeated in the new one.

Dreamer maybe, however it's worth noting that many good businesses start out as a dream / fantasy / goal that was put into action by brave people who believed in the concept enough to follow it through.

By realistic I was reverting back to the first post. You only need a bag of tools and a bit of determination. You don't need a plan of world dominance and start recruiting, what's he recruiting for exactly, after all it's only an idea and that's all he has. I have something he doesn't, current work. I just think people need to realise what they are and not sit around dreaming of a massive empire, nothing glam in plumbing. Sorry if I've caused any offence, it's just my opinion and I'm trying to be constructive.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock