Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, please note that my role and my wife's would have been Marketing-Business Development (finding customers, clients and contracts), all the admin work etc - All for nothing! Our aim was not short term but to get the business grow and look for profits 3 years down the line.

I really appreciate some of the views and advice, some not so helpful and relevant though.
Would I be wrong to assume that the majority here are one man band relying on 'word of mouth' with no plan and/ strategy as to how to be somewhere in the future where you will have a teams of plumbers who will work for you. I am sure they all dream of that, but what are they doing to get them there, word of mouth?!

Some may call me unrealistic but how different is the plumbing business from other service delivery business to grow?

Cheers
DP

Yes i think it looks a bit fishy:41:

I see, that explains why Churchill Insurance is going bust because they are using a silly dog for their Logo and adverts, the same is true for Gocompare and Confused.com..... , right? NO!

These guys are not silly to spend millions on branding and advertisements on silly and stupid concepts.
Think of it this way, I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?

Cheers
DP

If you are willing to sit back and not take anything for a while, then you may have a shot at it.

I still think you need to think about taking on a complete stranger, outsiders to the industry seem to think plumbing is and I quote "not difficult, its just joining pipes together" there is far more to it that and at the moment it seems for every 1 good plumber, there are 2-3 cowboys!!

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I...

Royalty Free Dolphin Stock Logo Designs

d1d.jpg

I will not be 'damn sure' if I were you. The dolphin concept was triggered my head from a similar concept that we have in our current company ('dolphin behavior - to be friendly and helpful etc etc). I have the first comical sketch that I did and that of my wife who is far better artist than I, but even that didn't stop the logo designer (my cousin) to laugh at it. It took 15 different versions to come to this final one. I never before have come to this site as you might figure that out by now.

Really? betcha don't come back lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?
DP

Steve's vans is the answer, cos your vans are in your dreams.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dophinplumbers

I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?
DP

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...oking-business-partner-s-6.html#ixzz2Fi38orK0

steves. He's tried and tested. I see dozens of different plumbing and heating vans on a daily basis and can honestly say that with that logo yours wouldn't stick in the memory for long.

Well theres a surfboard, some kind of palm tree, clouds, sunset, different colour dolphin, a lot of differences really....

A dolphin looks like a dolphin, you cant complain about a similar looking drawing because it actully looks like a dolphin?? Why does that matter?

I dont know who you are, even if this is a joke post as some are predicting, but as long as your committed to the company and workmanship is of fine quality, then good luck to u!!

I see, that explains why Churchill Insurance is going bust because they are using a silly dog for their Logo and adverts, the same is true for Gocompare and Confused.com..... , right? NO!

These guys are not silly to spend millions on branding and advertisements on silly and stupid concepts.
Think of it this way, I have a dozen vans branded with my Dolphin logs going up and down London vs Steve’s Plumbing vans. The questions is who people will notice and remember?

Cheers
DP
Agreed, but let's hope they remember the signage for the right reasons.

Top search result when I google DolphinPlumbers.co.uk is this thread.

Well this guys marketing is already quite successful, people are discussing his branding nationally...

Really? betcha don't come back lol

Why will that be, what will that say about this forum and the people like you in it? I am not here looking for sharks and cowboys that you might be a good example of. I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea. I think there is place for dolphin plumbers in the market as it is washed with cowboys and sharks! I wont be needing your opion or advice by the way, so please don't bother the effert of typing anything.

Cheers
DP

Why will that be, what will that say about this forum and the people like you in it? I am not here looking for sharks and cowboys that you might be a good example of. I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea. I think there is place for dolphin plumbers in the market as it is washed with cowboys and sharks! I wont be needing your opion or advice by the way, so please don't bother the effert of typing anything.

Cheers
DP

Cos you are more than likely a troll.
For me you lost all credibility when you told porkies about the logo. As soon as i get the time I'll show everyone the members avatar the same as your 'original'

Cos you are more than likely a troll.
For me you lost all credibility when you told porkies about the logo.

Agreed. Also the fact that for a self proclaimed successful businessman, your English leaves a lot to be desired. Suspiciously poor. Troll.

Yeah a bit condescending wasn't he? Plumbers just dream of growing business but don't know how to do it. Lmao what a dk

Besides the design and the plan this bloke will fall down when it comes to talking to plumbers.
He has no previous history and doesnt know a PRV from a TRV and has a right attitude towards other people.
I will place a £500 bet that I am a larger business then him in 5 years as I have actual experience of plumbing, am starting to build up trade contacts, am learning how to charge the right prices and how to invoice proffesionally. what has he got? a great idea with a well written business plan.

And to the OP, most plumbers who rely on word of mouth are so good that they dont need to advertise as constantly busy and do not want to have 3-4 people running around for them. not everyone wants to dream big!
I dont take the mick out of people in mcdonalds so why have you got an atitude towards the one man band. the world needs all sorts of people not just large companies.
And finally you remind me of my brother, he has a degree in "business studies" but has no proffession or trade. What's the point of learning to run a business if you dont have a business to start?

he mayhave had a flawed business proposition and a poor understanding of a domestic plumber,the desire for success was praiseworthy,but good old plumbers forum the mob rule is frightening

he mayhave had a flawed business proposition and a poor understanding of a domestic plumber,the desire for success was praiseworthy,but good old plumbers forum the mob rule is frightening
I confer...

I am just still laughing at him when he said this

"I was here to looking for honest, helpful, fair and friendly plumbers (dolphin like) that migh have interest iin my idea.

seriously though to the op if you have any chance at all and I mean at all as its so hard to start up these days get work etc, you need to have plumbing experience in the field.

there is no way on earth you could do it without being qualified atleast up to level 2.

if your serious do a plumbing course NVQ level 2 first, if you dont come back on this forum in a year so I can say told you so ;)

I suppose it is possible to set up in business in field that you don't have any experience of, but why would you want to? Business is by its nature competitive, so you are handing your competitors an advantage from the start. You would have to be very confident that your advantages in marketing and branding would outweigh the inbuilt disadvantage of that core lack of understanding.

Surly your still gonna have to take the plumber to look at the job and tell you whats required if you ain't got any plumbing experience cos how are you going to differentiate between the different system set ups and what rules apply in certain circumstances ie gas unvented water, so if the plumber needs to do that you would be a glorified office girl taking a massive cut of profits is how I see it

I still don't see a USP. In fact, quite the opposite.

Why not choose an industry with loads more opportunity to make big money. The recruitment industry would be a good place to start.

I disagree. I know a firm the next county along to me. A woman started it 15 years ago, got a load of housing association contracts and big work, and then sold it more recently for an 8 figure sum..
the new owners then sent it into liquidation through poor management and probably a lot of her old contacts going with her.
Now, she couldnt plumb to save her life but had a lot of contacts in the gas industry.
She recruited decent quality engineers and had a captive audience in the areas she chose to work, which she ended up dominating.

She has since setup a new company under a different name, now the 4 year non compete clause has apparently lapsed.
I've got no doubt she will make a lot of wonga again..... but not from fixing Mrs Miggins tap washer type jobs!!!

I'm with Howsie though. It's a cluttered industry already, you DO NEED some inside contacts or a proper plumbing background. It's also not the best place to make shed loads of dosh.
The problem is, most plumbers don't make great businessman (in the BIG BUSINESS SUCCESS sense) or they wouldn't be plumbing....

That's my take on it anyway!!!

and a merry christmas to y'all!:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for Business partner/s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock