Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for an apprenticeship/experience in south yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumb08

Hello all,

21 year old male looking for an apprenticeship/experience in the South Yorkshire area. I have recently made the big decision to leave university and pursue a career in plumbing. I am reliable, hard working and love to learn. I am aware that at the moment not a lot of people/companies can afford to take on an apprentice but I would be more than grateful if anyone could offer me some work experience which of course I would do for free.

I would also be willing to travel to West Yorkshire for an apprenticeship/work experience.

I am aware that I could just go to college but a lot of employers/ companies prefer people to be apprentice trained.

Thank you for Reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your search. Have you tried writing to local companies etc? :24:

Thank you for the welcome,

I haven't yet managed to put a cover letter together as of yet. I am one of those people who can talk/write about anything except themselves. My only other concern is that I have always been in education and have no experience as of yet.

Would also be willing to just help out for free for the experience.

Don't mean to bump it up but I have given more details in my opening post

Hey everyone,

I'm still searching for an apprenticeship, I did have an apprenticeship potentially lined up but it seems to have fallen through.

I would be more than grateful if anybody could offer an opportunity or any guidance. I know that some of you have had apprentices before and have not been very impressed with their work ethic etc, but I can guarantee that I am not the same.

Anybody who would take me on would receive a government grant of ÂŁ2275 towards the costs of employing me.

Thanks

Ritchie

Hey everyone,

I'm still searching for an apprenticeship, I did have an apprenticeship potentially lined up but it seems to have fallen through.

I would be more than grateful if anybody could offer an opportunity or any guidance. I know that some of you have had apprentices before and have not been very impressed with their work ethic etc, but I can guarantee that I am not the same.

Anybody who would take me on would receive a government grant of ÂŁ2275 towards the costs of employing me.

Thanks

Ritchie

Not sure if these are close to you but...

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/Get...Plumber&where=Grimsby&q=Plumbing&tm=14&avsdm=

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/Get...Plumber&where=Grimsby&q=Plumbing&tm=14&avsdm=

Also think KIER group (lincoln) are taking on apprentices.

You can also sign up for SSE to show 'interest' in theirs which they'll be doing at the start of 2014.. Also believe British Gas has a few openings if check on their career page.

Back to the top.

Even if someone could offer me some unpaid experience I would be very grateful.

My advice would be: dont choose plumbing. Theres far too many, trade is at a massive low, jobs are either subby or self employed. Businesses dont like taking apprentices on due to previous experiences with them.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but even looking at the date of your OP kinda says it all?

My advice would be: dont choose plumbing. Theres far too many, trade is at a massive low, jobs are either subby or self employed. Businesses dont like taking apprentices on due to previous experiences with them.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but even looking at the date of your OP kinda says it all?

I'm not just looking at plumbing I am considering other things, psychiatric nursing or something similar. I have come close to a couple of apprenticeships and been messed about by one person in particular but I guess that's just part of it. Apprenticeships are only one of a few route's into the trade and at 22 I think time is on my side with it. I understand that people have probably had bad experiences with apprentices but I'm sure there are people who have had good ones as well. I've seen quite a few late starters on here so I don't consider it bad news mate :)

Sure I would have liked something to have been secured before now but I think just giving up on something I want to do is not really going to get me anywhere. So I will continue to pursue this whilst having a look at other options, but I do appreciate your input :)

I'm not just looking at plumbing I am considering other things, psychiatric nursing or something similar. I have come close to a couple of apprenticeships and been messed about by one person in particular but I guess that's just part of it. Apprenticeships are only one of a few route's into the trade and at 22 I think time is on my side with it. I understand that people have probably had bad experiences with apprentices but I'm sure there are people who have had good ones as well. I've seen quite a few late starters on here so I don't consider it bad news mate :)

Sure I would have liked something to have been secured before now but I think just giving up on something I want to do is not really going to get me anywhere. So I will continue to pursue this whilst having a look at other options, but I do appreciate your input :)

I wish the trade was different as you sound like you've got your head screwed on right. Personally i would try a different route as your research will tell you the truth. Stay away from fast track courses aswell mate. I wish you all the best in your chosen career and hope something turns up right. (Btw, just some tips if you want plumbing bad. Go in merchants and try to get a job then you can talk to plumbing businesses coming in, or you could just give your details to the branch manager to see if any1 is looking. Dont bother sending CV's/cover letters, instead try to MEET the director/self employed plumber) take care mate

For the people who are not in a position to take on an apprentice at the moment in south/west yorkshire. Is there anyone here who would be willing to offer me a work placement for 2-8 weeks, it would not cost you a penny. It would provide me with experience and insight that would give me a better chance of securing an apprenticeship with a company who is in a position to take on an apprentice and also give you an extra pair of hands at work. All I would ask at the end of it is for a reference.

I would be grateful to anyone who is busy at the moment who is willing to consider this.

woul you cover the increase on the insurances ?

i say this because this is quite off putting even with " free labour"

good luck !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for an apprenticeship/experience in south yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock