Search the forum,

Discuss looking for advice for an interview and possibly more experience/opportunities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyh1984

hey guys, i have a final stage interview coming up with the council for a plumbing apprenticeship and looking for a bit of advice, iv completed all relevent tests, and the first round interviews and now its onto the big one, im quite confident in interviews and speaking, but im not sure how a council interview is going to go down, from what iv been told its going to be sat in front of a panel of 3 people, all firing questions at me and drilling me for information, and im not sure how much is going to be plumbing based, but i have had the heads up that some if not most of it is going to be aimed at why i want to work for the council...

now i know plumbing that is very much something i want to do and i know a bit about it , i love to learn new things and am quite passionate about it so i could get my point across quite easily as i did in the first stages.
but now i guess what im wanting to know is , has anyone else had an interview with the council before, or currently working for them, is there anything i should know, watch out for, brush up on to further my chances and try and nail down that spot. any inside information or tips would be awsome...

on the other hand iv recently completed my second year at college and am now at a stage where i want a career in the plumbing industry, im applying for everything i see, and taking any opportunities i get, recently i have been working alongside a group of heating engineers, who basically do boiler swaps, and heating swaps, taking out old systems, installing combi boilers, and adding new pipe work and radiators etc.

unfortunately the current contract has come to an end, and the group only seem to work in this area of plumbing and heating, and they have nothing currently lined up, they have stated that they would gladly take me along should another contract come up, but as yet they have nothing in the pipeline,

also iv been highly greatful for the experience, the money was not great, but it was a help, the experience though was priceless, i met some good people, and it puts me in some circles i otherwise wouldnt be, and even though the placement has come to and end, all are still looking out and asking about if anyone in the area is looking to take someone on or able to offer more experience.

so again i have posted here before, and now i have had some more working experience am putting the feelers out there to see if i can get my foot in the door with someone else, either on a permanent or temporary basis again, obviously in the long run i do wish to get my NVQs passed and become fully compitent, im just looking for help along the way.

i am in the mansfielf/nottingham area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for advice for an interview and possibly more experience/opportunities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock