Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Looking for a replacement part for my toilet - only have the image! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

OK, I have fitted the part that I needed to, and it was pretty easy :)

Only thing is now, that when the toilet is flushed, it continues to 'trickle flush' and only stops when I lift the lid up.

I am assuming I need to adjust something to stop this...

Any idea what to adjust?

I look forward to any replies :)

Regards,

Andy

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sounds like the arm is catching on the lid

3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

What part did you replace?

4. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

I've had similar with the exact valve you have, placement of the cable was the issue it was catching on the fill valve, I turned the valve 180deg and got a better placement for the cable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

Hi there,

I replaced the plastic part I am holding, along with the button assembly.

The green cable is the original.

Regards,

Andy

20180118_173944.jpg

6. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

If it only stops working once the cistern lid is on, then must be the cable too severe a bend or the plastic moving parts below button coming into contact with the cable or other parts.
    I prefer to replace the whole kit

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That’s what I said to begin with mate. Sometimes its not with the hassle just changing part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Yes, I knew you had originally advised the OP to replace the lot. I thought same, as it would be little cost and then likely to give 10 years trouble free service.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Harvest Fields

Sorry mate that sounded arrogant. Was supposed to come across as I agree with you

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Lol! No worries Harvest, I knew you weren't being arrogant. :p
    It is difficult to put the tone into a written comment. That's why I use a smiley on some posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

Hi there,

The water in the bowl only stops trickling in, when I lift the lift around 5cms up. Then I put it back on again.

I did not change the whole thing, as I am not a great 'handy person', but I cannot afford a plumber to do this for me.

I will keep trying this weekend, but for now, I can tell people to lift the lid after they flush ;)

Regards,

Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gasinspect

Gasinspect Member

I suppose I shouldn't say this, but don't need to be a plumber to change the whole mechanism, and only a couple of quid more. I have it just twists and lifts, so much like a bayonet light bulb. Two minutes if that.
    Like the above post, the base is the same, so don't need to change that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mary1

Mary1 New Member

I am on a similar quest to find out who makes the (broken) flush valve in my picture. It doesn't have a manufacturer's name on it, and I can't find one exactly the same online. Does anyone have any ideas?[​IMG]

14. Harvest Fields

What toilet is it out of? Does the toilet have a name or mark in it?

15. Mary1

Mary1 New Member

Excellent question. I am away from home for two days but will look at the toilet when I get home.