Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Looking for a replacement part for my toilet - only have the image! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can advise me on where I can purchase a part for my broken toilet!

I have looked, but cannot find this part (the buttons have broken).
    I do not know what to even search for :)

I look forward to a reply, fingers crossed.

Regards,

Andy

Part I am looking for

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Will probably need to change the whole syphon mate.

Unless you know the make and model of the toilet and cistern?

3. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

4. Harvest Fields

Might be a shout. If it comes apart?

5. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Hi Andy. I think that is the old type Wirquin flush valve. The buttons on the top have dimples on them, if I am correct.
    The button can be ordered, or just replace the button & flush valve, which come in a kit and cheap.
    The good news is the Wirquin new flush valve, although different looking, it uses identical base, so all you do is turn it into the original bayonet fitting at base, - a few seconds job. You won't need new base or any work to drain or remove cistern. :)
    It all comes also supplied with same type buttons

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

7. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Sorry, I now have corrected it. I must have in error copied and pasted same link.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  11. Harvest Fields

• Like Like x 1
  12. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Yes, base is identical. You just keep the 2" & 1 1/2" bases supplied as spares for yourself.
    I discovered it at a job on a rental home that the button was broke and I thought the old base was very familiar. Meant I just had easy job replacing button and flush valve, therefore giving extended trouble free life to the toilet. Landlord very decent and wants things reliable.
    Really makes sense that the base remains the same. If only all plumbing was like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

Excellent work! Thank you Best.
    I could find the part as you told me the name of what I was looking for!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wirquin-MW...1516566114&sr=8-4&keywords=wirquin+dual+flush

My last question is....I think.... can I just replace the plastic part at the top, by removing and replacing the cable?

Regards,

Andy

Can I take this out and just replace the plastic part and button.jpg

14. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Yes Andy, if you are just wanting to buy and fit the button part, then you can just remove the old button, but the cable and the two 90 degrees plastic bends parts remain.
    The threaded plastic stem that comes from the button, is part of the old button and clicks off the top bend that is in your photo. Just a sideways twist and it clicks off, but be careful with new one so not to damage the ridge at end of the new stem.
    You will see it more clearly when you have new complete button in your hand.
    Personally I would go with the complete new kit

15. AndyH4

AndyH4 New Member

You have been a star, thank you. I will come back on when I have the part and attempted to fit it :)

Thanks again.

Regards,

Andy

• Like Like x 1