Search the forum,

Discuss looking for a new sds drill whats good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dano78

hi folks i am in the market for a new sds drill with lion batterys 24volt upwards me thinks was just wondering what you guys would advice me on getting thanks.

Got the Bosch 36 volt beast.

i just bought a cordless hitachi sds-plus drill with 2x2.0Ah Ni-MH batteries for £200 from screw fix(reduced from £300) its not as good as bosch, dewalt, hilti etc but its good for value.

personally best one i've used is the 36v Hilti Cordless

i have bosch 36 v has not let me down ,drill in brick wall up to 30mm(but always step up 18mm-25mm-30mm) !
if you have more money to spend then GO for Hilti te7-a !!!

hilti are the market leaders i believe, but milwaukee are a close second. i personally use bosch.

i had a hilti, a hitachi and a dewalt. by far the best was the hilti, brilliant

Never had a cordless SDS - am I missing something!?

Always go for corded, and as i don't do site work, always go for 240V. Tend to stick with Bosch too. However recently bought a new Bosch and I'm a bit disapointed with the hammer, it's a bit tinny!

Might save up for a cordless one next time. They're rather expensive arent they, and it must be a royal pain when the batteries die and you're using em up quicker than they can charge. Sometimes my SDS gets caned, and I need to know it's not going to run out of gas. I don't switch it off until you could fry an egg on the case and the grease in the chuck is melting down your hand....or it blows up!!!!!

screwfix are doing 24v erbauer for 130 at the mo drill, hammer drill and chisel like a blue version of the older dewalt 24v. must say ive used bosch 36v pile of poo, try using 25mm auger bit in it, no guts sorry bosch lovers

Bosch 36v all the way, I've got the SDS and the combi drill, both great tools. Thomas, which 36v did you use? Did it have the compact 1.3aH or the premium 2.6aH batteries? This makes a difference - Bosch's battery protection system means that the same tool will draw much less power from a 1.3aH than a 2.6aH lithium battery, and therefore can't drive such large bits when running the small battery

cordless sds are expensive, i got a hitachi one for £200 pound reduced from £300, was a deal on in screwfix. I also got a 240v corded DeWalt, i use the cordless mostly but if i need to do something heavy duty i use the 240v.

screwfix are doing 24v erbauer for 130 at the mo drill, hammer drill and chisel like a blue version of the older dewalt 24v. must say ive used bosch 36v pile of poo, try using 25mm auger bit in it, no guts sorry bosch lovers

What the hell are you doing using an auger in a lovely masonry drill???

Dont get anything less than the bosch 36v - just dont use it on wood . . .

DOH!

aah thanks guys for all your comments i have been doing some research and am torn between the bosch 36v lion(the 3j one ) or the makita 36v lion am thinking bosch because there is a 3 year warranty has anyone use/brought the makita 36v it does look good also ,was impressed with full battery charge in 22mins !

check out toolstop they are selling (they were anyway) the bosch 36v 2.6ah batteries for £460!!

I bought one pretty damn quick at this price!

hilti te7-c corded and sfh 22-a cordless,best bit of kit i have ever owned,pricey yes but well worth the investment.and for core drilling i use makita core drill and marcrist core set,life is so much easier with the right kit.

Ive got a Hilti 36V TE-6A bit dear but worth it, also a Makita 18V Lion Twin pack from screwfix (Combi drill & Impact driver) really great piece of kit

has anyone used the makita 36v lion sds yet?

Considering past history, I wouldn't touch any new Makita battery technology with a bargepole, leave it for others to test and see if the batteries throw up any issues. They had terrible trouble with the 18v stuff when they brought that out. I know there's a few 36v Makita garden tools kicking around but they generally won't be used often enough or worked hard enough to throw up the problems they might suffer in trade use

I've had a look at the Makita 36v Lith SDS at a toolfair this month. It weighs a ton! and you can get the Hilti equivalent for the same kind of money. Personally got the Hilti 36v have had the Bosch 36v good drill but doesn't even come close. Look out for the new versions of the TE 6-A coming out in Jan, It's out on their german website already :D

Hmm!

Bet your hands are as big as a leg of ham using a rawltool all day Tamz!!!!

Takes me back that:)

Mind you in houses with Thermalite block walls they are all you need if you go careful and don't hit to hard.

i had to put a 3/4 hole trough a 25 inch wall today had to stick the meter long bit in took some doing trough solid stone thank god sds drills now have a clutch

Hmm!

Bet your hands are as big as a leg of ham using a rawltool all day Tamz!!!!

Takes me back that:)

Aye Bernie and forearms to match:)

The young lads (and lassies) don't know what they are missing these days. The tingle through your hand when you hit it wrong, and the bigger tingle when you missed it:D

Also standard equipment in the day
Screw Gun Alternative ;)

thanks for all your replys guys i have brought the bosch 36v lion gbh drill (the 3j one ) for £370 delivered brand new couldnt afford not to buy it at that price !

if you have money to spend Hilti all the way Milwaukee close second i have the 36v volt hilti and it has served me well immense power!

I've got a cordless Bosch but other than for putting 6mm or 8mm holes for rawlplugs I still use my TE5.

I hope you did not buy the compact one!!!
If it is the compact send it back and pay £200 more and get the big boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for a new sds drill whats good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock