Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a gas apprenticeship/hands on experience in the stoke on Trent area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben15stoke

Hi I'm 16 and currently studying level 3 gas diploma at college but looking for someone to take me on as I have got to get on site training to get gas registeredThanks

16 and doing level 3 gas?! Please tell me, what plumbing certificates have you got?
Also what college and how long have you been going?

I know it is possible to do gas without any plumbing qualifications first.
I think the question being raised is with regard to the level 3, or has this changed??
Is level 3 not commercial gas, would you not first need level 2??

No i think its new this year its called level 3 diploma in gas utilisation put it in google think its on the city and guilds website. In my college they run the level 2 plumbing course and then level 3 gas course which you have to have 5 or more gsces and you have to pass a bpec test to see if you are capable of working at level 3 . As far as i know its not commercial just domestic . We work on mainly meters and domestic appliances

Just me or is the hair standing up on the back of anyone else's neck?

Just looked on google, they still need to do the usual like build portfolio and complete ACS. Provided the college gives quality training, I think this COULD be a good thing

Last edited by a moderator:
The way its run is you do a year at college then after a year you need to find a placement and you carry on going college on day release for another 2 years

Hi I'm 16 and currently studying level 3 gas diploma at college but looking for someone to take me on as I have got to get on site training to get gas registeredThanks
I know the level 2 gas NVQ course was being phased out and would be a three year course this year.
so if that's what you are doing then that must be right.
just getting back to your original post,
hopefully someone will be in a position to help you out with the work placement,
but don't hold your breath on that one.
You will need to be as proactive as you can to chase up/create any opportunities.
enjoy your time at college, work at it.
look forward to seeing your posts on the forum and hope everything goes to plan.

I know the level 2 gas NVQ course was being phased out and would be a three year course this year.
so if that's what you are doing then that must be right.
just getting back to your original post,
hopefully someone will be in a position to help you out with the work placement,
but don't hold your breath on that one.
You will need to be as proactive as you can to chase up/create any opportunities.
enjoy your time at college, work at it.
look forward to seeing your posts on the forum and hope everything goes to plan.
Cheers i no it seems in this buisness it who you know not what you know that can get you through

Cheers i no it seems in this buisness it who you know not what you know that can get you through

Your wrong there Ben.
Who you know helps a lot but What you know and how good you are at using this knowledge is crucial.
Good luck.

Be persistent but not to the extreme you could be annoying people. Get your CV out to every company in the area, in person is best but email or post otherwise.

Give them a week and give a follow up call, most people are going to be snowed under this time of year so you offering a spare pair of hands a few days a week or even a free weeks trial (anyone decent will pay you anyway) just to get some experience and your foot in the door.

good luck and keep us up to date!

Good news i have landed my self an interview with a company who i emailed in august and they must of kept me on record and they have said there is a vacancy avaliable and i can go in for a little interview/ look around thing. Just a question for anybody who has done a gas apprenticeship . Do you get a lift or do you have to make your own way to where the company is based

that would depend on the company and also if your going to be with the same guy/girl every day
Okay its a kind of a big company and i have seen a van around were i live so there is an employee around my area . Doesnt matter if i have to travel its all part of the process

I'd make your own way in to start off then get a feel for the staff see what there like before you start cadging lifts

Well done ben!!

When i did my apprenticeship 6 yr ago, i ALWAYS had to make my own way to the yard then jumped in work van to go to jobs

i always have to make my own way to work.

oh wait im self employed i have no choice

I rung back after a week of hearing nothing and the women says the man I spoke to wasn't in and he was on holiday . Stil haven't heard nothing yet so after Christmas I'm going to start handing cv out to company's .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a gas apprenticeship/hands on experience in the stoke on Trent area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m looking to get my foot properly in the door of the plumbing world really. I’m trying to gain as much experience as possible. I’ve completed my level 3 diploma at college. I’ve got almost a years experience installing air conditioning, while doing a small few odd plumbing jobs here...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock