Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Heat 15 loud bangs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WelshOlivia

Hi! I live in a rented flat with a Logic Heat 15 boiler. It's been installed for about a year, but just in the past two weeks it started acting up... making loud bangs that sound like someone's set off a firework, and often shutting itself down and displaying F2 or L2 errors. The repairs are the landlord's responsibility, and the guy the landlord sent out on Tuesday said the bangs were "normal" and "safe". Since it's started throwing up errors again, and making loud bangs if I try to restart it, I called the landlord yesterday and he told me he could send the guy out again on Monday... can you tell me whether this is normal and safe as the repair guy told me, or if (as I think) that's bullpoop? I've turned the boiler off and I'm not going to attempt repairs myself (because I haven't the faintest idea how boilers work), I really just need to know if what this landlord's repair guy is trying to convince me is true or not. That a boiler that's run for a year without these weird fireworky bangs, suddenly starting to do them and throwing up error codes is "normal" and "safe" behaviour for the thing. Also, hi, I'm new, and I hope I didn't post in the wrong place... sorry if I did. Thanks lots! :D

:welcome: the guy is definitely trying it on. Ask for his gas safe card

Thanks APPlumbing and Riley! Hope you guys don't mind that I basically just joined to get free advice about whether this repair guy is spouting nonsense or not. But it's super scary when your boiler starts doing that, and when a qualified repair guy is telling you this is normal... even if it sets off your bullpoop detectors like crazy, it feels hard to argue with someone who has the qualifications and expertise.

Well that's the million $question isn't it. Is he qualified ??

Well that's the million $question isn't it. Is he qualified ??

Asking for his gas safe card seems like great advice... but (and I'm sorry in advance if this is a silly concern) I sorta worry that asking that might offend the guy.... you know, it seems potentially a bit confrontational to ask "prove you're qualified". Is the average gas repair person going to be offended if I ask to see their card?

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is upset by it he's hiding something. I would categorically never be upset or offended if I was asked for my card. I wish more people did it shows they're taking an interest in their own safety. Do you have any details from his previous visit?? You might be able to find him on the Gas Safe website based on company name

I'm sure my esteemed colleagues on here would ALL back me up re the card

no it is not normal as the lads have said and the fault sounds like its internal to the boiler, but if its only a year old about it should still be under ideals warranty (if installed and registered correctly )

and no we dont mind you asking advice

also make sure you ask him for his gas safe card before he touches anything

Don't worry about offending him. Ask for the card. It's not only important it's vital!!

Thanks so much, you guys are truly awesome for giving free advice like this. In my own web searches (when I was trying to figure out what the error codes meant) it seemed like the Logic Heat 15 might be very prone to faultiness. It was installed soon after I moved in, replacing a truly ancient boiler.

As the guys say it should still really be under warranty so maybe point that out to LL

Get it sorted under warrantee. Sounds like a software update needed.

Hi! I live in a rented flat with a Logic Heat 15 boiler. It's been installed for about a year, but just in the past two weeks it started acting up... making loud bangs that sound like someone's set off a firework, and often shutting itself down and displaying F2 or L2 errors. The repairs are the landlord's responsibility, and the guy the landlord sent out on Tuesday said the bangs were "normal" and "safe". Since it's started throwing up errors again, and making loud bangs if I try to restart it, I called the landlord yesterday and he told me he could send the guy out again on Monday... can you tell me whether this is normal and safe as the repair guy told me, or if (as I think) that's bullpoop? I've turned the boiler off and I'm not going to attempt repairs myself (because I haven't the faintest idea how boilers work), I really just need to know if what this landlord's repair guy is trying to convince me is true or not. That a boiler that's run for a year without these weird fireworky bangs, suddenly starting to do them and throwing up error codes is "normal" and "safe" behaviour for the thing. Also, hi, I'm new, and I hope I didn't post in the wrong place... sorry if I did. Thanks lots! :D
Have you seen the gas safety certificate for your place?

If it's under a year from install would it have one?

Thanks so much, you guys are truly awesome for giving free advice like this. In my own web searches (when I was trying to figure out what the error codes meant) it seemed like the Logic Heat 15 might be very prone to faultiness. It was installed soon after I moved in, replacing a truly ancient boiler.

Faultiness! My new word of the week!

Olivia, as the chaps have said, ask for his card. Gas Safe actually recommend that you ask. If he won't show you refuse access, complain to your landlord and inform him you're considering contacting the Gas Safe Register.

At the end of the day it's your safety that matters most. Not your landlord lining his pockets.

Please let us know how you get on with this bit might help someone else out in the future.

Do you have any boiler paperwork as there should be a completed benchmark cert at the back of the installation manusl

Certainly isn't normal, but on the upside can be quite an easy fix so get the guy back an like the lads say ask for the card. I think you should have to show it on arrival personally because I can imagine it being embarrassing to ask.

Who is your landlord (PM me if you prefer) I've jettisoned a couple of landlords from Cwmbran over the yrs, not interested in safety or wellbeing of tenants, just money driven
I know of 2 using (or used to use) illegal gas guys that don't know shyte from clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic Heat 15 loud bangs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock