Search the forum,

Discuss Logic combi 24 hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keithgr

Hi,I had a new logic+combi24 boiler fitted early this year. The heating function is working perfect, but I have trouble with the hot water system. Only one hot tap in the house is giving hot water, the other ones at best is only tepid more often than not completely cold. The one that is working, in the downstairs cloakroom, is giving very hot water. Any observations on this please?

Thankyou, Keith

:welcome: to the forum Keith :)

How good is your cold water flow would you say? Can you run a tap downstairs and one upstairs? Is the tap in question that is tepid thermostatic do you know? And is the tap in question the bath tap? Your boiler has a 5yr warranty, by-the-way so the manufacturers are your first port of call should you want someone out!

However if you can answer the above it may help us more help you :)

Thanks very much for your answer. The water flow is fine, a tap upstairs and one downstairs at the same time flowing strong. There is no thermostates on any taps, just the shower. All the taps are tepid except for the wash basin in the downstairs cloakroom, that is the only one that gets really hot. The boiler is upstairs in what was the airing cupboard.

Keith

Thanks for your reply. A tap upstairs and a tap downstairs running strong at the same time. No thermostates on any taps other than the shower. All taps are tepid or cold other than the wash basin in the downstairs cloakroom, that is the only one that gets hot.The boiler is upstairs in what used to be the airing cupboard.

Keith.

I had a feeling you might come back with something like this... It could be as simple as the fact its winter alas! 24kW boiler is limited in its hot water capabilities, great in the summer but perfomance weakens in the winter months!

Easiest fix is to restrict the flow of water to the taps that are tepid! Turn them back a bit until the water gets to the temp you desire!

You can also check the boiler performance if you posses a stop watch, thermometer and some form of water gauge, milk bottle, measuring jug, that sort of thing? :)

Could have a cold and hot crossed somwhere causing it to mix ?!?!

Yes I get that on my boiler actually have to turn the shower valve all the way round in the winter to get any good heat out of it ! Crappy 24 kw gloworm!!!

Sounds like a DHW heat exchanger blockage or scale problem, Get the manufacture out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic combi 24 hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock