Search the forum,

Discuss log burner and gas boiler into thermal store = persistent problem frustrating for me the homeowner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 96758

In 2012 we had a thermal store installed with a log burner and regular gas boiler feeding it. pretty much since then it hasn't worked properly, the original fitter has since retired and a couple of plumbers and an electrician have looked at it but cannot get it to work effectively.

The idea was that the log burner whilst not running the heating could at least contribute when lit during the day as I work from home, then the gas could top up when needed.

It seems from conversations over heard that they cannot decide on a wiring system J plan F plan ? means nothing to me.

I'm not looking for advice to pass on to a plumber, I'm looking for someone to come here and fix the problem for good. I'm fed up with paying plumbers for attempting. no win, no fee please.

The issue is: currently the HW can only be on if the CH is on also. the result, we rarely get hot showers in cold weather and then only when the house is up to temperature.

The setup is:
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri regular Boiler
Honeywell wireless room stat
Drayton Lifestyle LP722 programer
Newark 'Enerstore' Thermalstore (vented hot water Storage system 250l)
6kw log burner with dump radiator etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to log burner and gas boiler into thermal store = persistent problem frustrating for me the homeowner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock