Search the forum,

Discuss Lockshield Valve Key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone make a lockshield valve key (like a bleed valve key)? I'm sick of using an adjustable - a proper key would be much better.

depends on the make of lockshield surely though as a lot are different, a lot of the time you can use a head of a manual wheel head valves though, perhaps keep a selection instead of scrapping them.

I could do. I'd prefer a key. I've concluded that most lockshield valve heads are virtually the same - they're nearly all rectangular.

Its called a 3-way Key, not all lockshields are the same head size, the size increases with the bigger pipes but from 1/2"-2" they do tend to be the same :D

anyone remember crane keys :)

I've tried all the multi keys but only ever used them to open meter boxes and I've got a plastic BG one for those.
What's a crane key Jay?

What's a crane key Jay?

wish I could find a google image of em..
you would get one in a kit for the lockshield valve on commercial stuff.

it was a long rectangle of metal with 2 points at one of the thin ends and several stamped holes along its length.
the points were for removal of the plastic valve cap and the stamped holes were for the adjustment of the LS valve for balancing etc.
used to have one on the keyring along with a bleed key and other such necessary items :)

I got a hex rad spanner a couple of weeks ago as my old one didn't fit the tail extension I was fitting, it's got valve keys on each end, has fitted the lockshields I've used it on since, but that's no indication it will fit them all. Will look for a link.

I keep a gator grip in the tool box. You can buy one on the auction sites for less than a 5'er. Fits loads of stuff.

image.png

I use one of these it fits most valve even though its a square drivehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilde-Tool-Square-Air-Conditioning-Refrigeration-AC-Ratchet-Wrench-MADE-IN-USA-/141344732712

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield Valve Key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock