Search the forum,

Discuss Lockshield valve bigger than tail on new rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total amateur giving it a go ..
We are trying to replace our radiator and came up against an issue. The tail piece in the original rad is jammed in and won't budge.

We have bought new rad with a 15mm tail however it seems the pipe into the lockshield valve is 3/4 inch. Does such a thing exist? Anymore ?? If so where do i get them?? Can't bear draining and replacing lockshields... help

Chrome Angled Radiator Valve & Drain Off ½

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield valve bigger than tail on new rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have removed a radiator and wish to replace using existing pipework and valves. The old radiator itself was 1290mm in width with a total width tail to tail of 1330mm. The pipe to pipe measurement is 1350mm. The height of the old radiator was 430mm however I could go to 500mm with the new...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I had a stuck TRV. House was extended - new radiator on the longest run has never gotten properly hot - it's usually cold. 11 rads total, worcester...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock